Mimmo La Bufala

Italian, Pizza

Call Mimmo La Bufala to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Mimmo La Bufala

Although the Hampstead branch of Italian chain Frattelli la Bufala is no more, its owner (Mimmo) decided to go solo and re-launched the place as an independent eatery with a subtly tweaked name. Motoring memorabilia and photos of Italian movie icons add some life to the understated cream dining room, where down-home trattoria cooking is the order of the day. A wood-fired pizza oven holds centre stage, and there are plenty of classic toppings to choose from – if that’s your bag. Otherwise, dip into the main menu or consider something from the specials board – perhaps fritto misto, grilled veal chop with spinach or pumpkin risotto with courgettes, peas and Sardinian pecorino. Pasta is also worth a shout, while desserts stay firmly in the tiramisu/pannacotta/semifreddo zone. Sunday lunches are a hit with local families.

Good to know about Mimmo La Bufala

Mon-Thurs 6-11pm Fri 12N-3pm 6-11pm Sat-Sun 12N-11pm

Reviews of Mimmo La Bufala

Horrible experience
06 May 2019

I found somebody else's half eaten olive in my tiramisu. Restaurant's way of apology? Charge me for the drinks I did not have. I am absolutely disgusted.

Ms/Mrs. Eileen M

30 July 2012
I have been going to this restaurant for many years and have enjoyed every meal and always found the food fresh, good quality and good value for money. The pizza's are to die for and the staff are warm and welcoming. Esp Mimmo who always remembers you and makes a fuss of you. Recently I recommended fratelli la buffalo to a friend but when she looked it up it said it had closed down, i just wanted to make clear to everyone that is is thankfully very much open and has just had a change of name to Mimmo la bufala. Please pay it a visit it will be worth it.

Ms/Mrs. Lynn W

18 June 2012
This place seems to be called Mimmo La Bufala now, we think it's changed hands. Food is provincial Italian, and the place caters for small groups including families with kids and parties of 8 to 10. The majority of people seemed to be enjoying having pasta or pizza, and it looked good from the open oven at the front of the restaurant. We went for a couple of the daily specials from the blackboards taken round to the tables. Scallops with asparagus, and sea bass baked in foil were good. Presentation is rustic. Apart from buffalo mozzarella we didn't see any reference to buffalo specialities. First courses were prompt but it took an hour for the main course to arrive, we didn't mind as we were enjoying the wine and chatting, but in the end we had to order garlic pizza bread as we were hungry, and that arrived quickly. We were told as we were seated that they were changing banks so didn't have a machine for cards, so we would have to get cash. I see from other reviewers elsewhere they've been doing this for some time. We were offered 10% discount for the inconvenience, and we saw when we got the bill that they put 10% on for the service charge, then took it off again for the discount. We had a good evening and are very likely to go again, but may well have pizza next time.

Ms/Mrs. Patricia G

15 March 2010
I have been to this restaurant more than 100 times now and I have never been disappointed and in fact always really enjoyed the occasion. The atmosphere is nicely adaptive to the clientele and the mood of the day which means it never feels static or dull. The owner is always warm, welcoming and makes for great company if you are in the mood to converse. The food is simply superb – pizza's, pasta, distinctive recipies created by the Chef and the owner. The staff are friendly efficient and do all that they can to ensure your experience is a pleasant one. I heartily recommend dining at Fratelli La Bufala! PG

Other restaurants near Mimmo La Bufala

You are requesting to book Mimmo La Bufala for people on at .