Little Dudley House

Modern European

Call Little Dudley House to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Little Dudley House

There’s something rather urbane about Little Dudley House, one of the new breed of all-day eateries with serious restaurant aspirations: inside, its beamed & timbered interior successfully combines country house good looks with modern gastropub flourishes. A workmanlike wine list keeps the local crowd happy, while the cracking modern menu aims to pull in punters from further afield. Dishes such as soft-boiled duck eggs with Parma ham & Gruyère soldiers or rack of Welsh lamb with parmesan mash, confit garlic, green beans & port sauce are supplemented by homemade fish-finger sandwiches or onglet steak with triple-cooked chips & Café de Paris butter. Everything is delivered to a commendable standard, including desserts such as hot chocolate fondant with Horlicks ice cream.

Good to know about Little Dudley House

Modern European

Location for Little Dudley House

77 South Street, Dorking, Dorking, RH4 2EU

01306 885550

Opening Times of Little Dudley House

Mon-Sun 12N-3pm 6-9.30pm (Fri-Sat -10pm Sun 5pm- )

Reviews of Little Dudley House

Toby D

Caveat Emptor - the drinks are viciously priced
02 October 2014
I have eaten at LDH and the food was OK - good perhaps for Dorking but not better than many of the fabulous gourmet food pubs that stand in breathtaking locations and offer excellent food at very reasonable prices. What killed it for me at LDH was a bill for £8:10 for a pint and a half of soda water and lime with a splash of bitters. Yes that was EIGHT POUNDS AND TEN PENCE for a pint and half of soda water and lime. Better still, when I brought this to the attention of the Manager he became very embarrassed and offered " a bit of a discount" but as this never manifested itself in monetary values I left having paid the full amount. To give you some perspective, an expensive bar or pub would it charge £4 for the same - £5 would have been obscene but £8:10 is financial rape in my book. Furthermore, as the manager clearly cannot er, "manage" I will not be returning. I will happily recommend, Two to Four, the Abinger Hatch, The Volunteer, The Parrot, The Stefan Langton, The Chequers, The Scarlett Arms, the Windmill, The fabulous restaurant restaurant which used to be the Hurtwood Inn Peaslake, the list goes on and on...All of these have served me excellent food and drinks at excellent prices and I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Ms/Mrs. Lauren H

Fantastic Wedding Venue! Amazing Food! Beautiful Venue!
19 February 2013
We had our wedding at Little Dudley House on New Years Eve. It was absolutely fantastic, the whole day (and night!) went without a hitch and I wouldn’t have changed a thing. We chose little Dudley House as we had been for dinner there previously and were so impressed with the food, wine and the beautiful building. I was initially concerned about how they would recreate the amazing food we were used to on such a grand scale…but I shouldn’t have been. The food was exquisite and so many of my guest complimented us on the food and how much they enjoyed it. The evening food was just as spectacular and I can highly recommend the mini gastropub options they were fantastic. The venue feels warm and intimate even though we had more then 100 guests in the evening and 80 during the day. The staff at Little Dudley House are very attentive and intuitive. I didn’t have to get involved at all, I spent the whole day relaxing and enjoying the party with my friends and family. If you are looking at wedding venues of just somewhere to go for dinner take a look a Little Dudley House you won’t be disappointed.

Ronnie S

29 May 2011
Went for a Sunday lunch – top quality roast beef, monkfish scampi & chips, and burger. The scampi, in particular was a winner – the quality of the fish shone through as did the chips. Excellent desserts – a pineapple upside down cake and an Almonde Blondie, Caramel Sauce, Hazelnut Pralineand with vanilla ice cream. The restaurant is very spacious and each of the rooms are extremely well done – classy yet cosy. Couldn't believe it wasn't more crowded as the quality and value for money were superb. The menu and atmosphere are worthy of a celebratory meal but the prices make it suitable for a normal night (or lunch) out.

Ms/Mrs. Emma P

07 December 2010
Fantastic little find. A good menu not overly ambitious and delivered as described, truely scrummy. Good value for money, wine very reasonably priced. Staff were accommodating and friendly. I shall certainly be returning.

Ms/Mrs. Sue D

26 November 2010
Absolutely gorgeous restaurant – beautiful building, fabulous food, incredibly attentive staff and the signature sweet – hot chocolate fondant with horlicks ice-cream almost too good to be true.

Other restaurants near Little Dudley House