Call La Luna - Farncombe to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of La Luna - Farncombe

Don’t imagine La Luna is just another small-town pizza & pasta joint – even though it’s just a few yards off the High Street. This sophisticated modern Italian comes with serious intent to match its relaxed cosmopolitan air. Big floor-to-ceiling windows reveal a stylish monochrome interior, one where black leather chairs contrast with white-clothed tables & polished floorboards offset black- or white-painted walls featuring wine racks & leafy fronds. The kitchen takes an equally contemporary stance; there are nods to Sicily in its seasonal menus, while top-notch ingredients, eye-catching presentation & fashionably restrained portions set the tone. Oven-roasted rump of Welsh lamb served with grilled Mediterranean vegetables & minted pesto, & a rich chocolate & almond torte with amaretto-caramelised apricots typical of the style. Service is charming, & the all-Italian wine list features producers great & small from Sicily to Piedmont.

Italian

Location for La Luna - Farncombe

10-14 Wharf Street, Farncombe, Surrey, GU7 1NN

01483 414155

Tue-Sat 12N-2pm 7-10pm

Reviews of La Luna - Farncombe

Ms/Mrs. Melanie E

16 April 2010
I have (also) been going to La Luna for many a year. They have responded very well to the whole credit crunch – especially on the wine front where they have always been criticised for expense. You can now order varying sizes of carafes of wine according to what you want.. The food however is as innovative and sublime as ever. They keep the whole modern Italian Theme going – whilst combining it with rustic Italian dishes – it's clever, it's delicious and in my book it is worth every penny. The portions are not massive – but I took someone there the other night for a birthday – we had 4 courses, a bottle of expensive wine, and pudding wine – including the tip I spent under £100, and we were both pleasantly full; not fit to burst which makes a change for this area. They understand portion control, and they understand service. As I say – worth every penny; even now money is tight. It's a treat well worth having!

Mr. Neil A

03 April 2010
I have been going to La Luna pretty much since it opened. It's not cheap (I think the wine prices are a bit too punchy) however the service and atmosphere are excellent. The owner and his staff are true professionals, very attentive and terribly Italian! I note that they have responded to the crunch by having some quite modestly priced lunch menus. Highly recommended.

Ms/Mrs. Rebecca W

22 March 2009
We had been looking forward to visiting La Luna as we had read the review in the Good Food Guide. The evening started well, but rapidly declined. We were left for long periods before a waiter served us. Each course took longer to order than the last. When we wanted coffee at the end of the meal it took half an hour before we could attract the attention of the waiter. Instead of coming to us and asking us how he could help us, he prepared our bill. We eventually managed to talk to another waiter and ordered our coffee, but again they tried to give us the bill. After waiting another twenty minutes the coffee did arrive. As well as the poor service I felt that the food portions were very small ( which is a rare comment for me as I have a small appetite) and didn't offer anything special. We will not be going back to La Luna which is a shame as we had hoped to find a good restaurant for those special occasions.

Other restaurants near La Luna - Farncombe

You are requesting to book La Luna - Farncombe for people on at .