Call Kweilin to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Kweilin

One of a select group of Edinburgh Chinese restaurants that have been around for decades, Kweilin (opened in 1984), has generally been seen as ‘the posh one’. It came under new management in 2008, although not much seems to have changed – freshened up certainly, but a lack of fussiness about the decor endures in its Georgian premises. The kitchen offers a fairly traditional take on Scottish Cantonese, dealing in the likes of steamed scallops in trenchant black bean sauce, classic sweet & sour pork or premium turbot (when available) with ginger & spring onion in soy. For something more unusual, check out the specials – an appetiser of razor clams with garlic & vermicelli noodles, for example. The cooking might lack finesse around the edges, but Kweilin still attracts New Town locals as well as overseas visitors in the city on business.

Good to know about Kweilin

Chinese

Location for Kweilin

19-21 Dundas Street, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH3 6QG

Opening Times of Kweilin

Tues-Sat 12N-2pm Tues-Sun 5-11pm (Sat -11.30pm)

Reviews of Kweilin

Mr. David C

Disappointing and Overrated
05 January 2014
Arrived with my family for a highly-anticipated dinner. We had reservations and were seated promptly. Then, we were promptly forgotten. It took more than 20 minutes for anyone to even take our drink and appetizer order and only after we requested service. Another 30 minutes passed before our food arrived. Our appetizer soups were hot and tasty. Thinking perhaps my judgement was too hasty, I was willing to give them another chance. Big mistake. It took another 30 to 40 minutes for our main dishes to be served. Even more disappointing the food was served tepid and even the simplest dishes…sweet and sour pork and chicken in black bean sauce…were flat in taste. My son said his duck dish was ok but by then, I was done. I settled for lumpy cold rice and couldn't wait to pay and leave. Big disappointment. I would not recommend this restaurant to my friends. Horrible service, disorganized staff and kitchen and mediocre food. Edinburgh deserves better.

Other restaurants near Kweilin

Urban Angel

Urban Angel

The Wally Dug

The Wally Dug

99 Hanover Street

99 Hanover Street

You are requesting to book Kweilin for people on at