Kayal

Call Kayal to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Kayal

When Halli, one of Leicester’s most highly rated curry houses, opened a sister restaurant in Nottingham in October 2007, the locals immediately embraced the spicy offering of authentic south Indian seafood. On a prime site in fashionable Hockley, Kayal creates the distinctive culinary flavours of Kerala with dishes ranging from kozhuva (anchovies deep-fried in Kuttanad-style spice mixture) to moru curry (a popular dish featuring sweet mangos & green bananas cooked in yoghurt with green chillis, ginger & fresh curry leaves). With a superb veggie selection, including thali-style set meals for less than £10, you can’t go wrong in terms of choice & value. Housed in a pine-dominated dining room with steel lanterns hanging from the ceiling, this is surely the nearest you’ll get to a Keralan beachside shack in deepest Nottingham.

Indian

Reviews of Kayal

sanjay R

Worth waiting for
07 September 2013
A few times I have tried to book a table at KAYAL, but it was always fully booked. Me and my friends decided to take a chance and turn up without a reservation. We arrived just after 8 pm, and we were asked to wait for 15 mins, but we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The staff were very attentive, the food beautifully cooked and perfectly spiced. I strongly recommend trying it!

Jeff W

07 February 2012
I conducted my b’day party at Kayal on Feb 6th and felt that they should be appreciated by all means. We were a group of 20 and all of us liked the dishes served by them. It was a busy day for them but the effort that they put in to make everyone happy, not just us, should be appreciated. I had been there before as well and I would suggest you to try their ‘Meen Porichathu’ at least once. The price can’t be considered as cheap, but it is reliable and worth every penny.

Rakesh S

19 November 2009
Awsome food and friendly service service which is rare in most of the Indian restaurants in Nottingham. I love being there with friends and family. Try it if you like a change

Other restaurants near Kayal

Boilermaker

Boilermaker

BrewDog Nottingham

BrewDog Nottingham

Tarn Thai

Tarn Thai

You are requesting to book Kayal for people on at .