COVID-19 Update for Inamo Covent Garden

Updated on 15 Jul 2020

You're in Safe Hands with Us - We look forward to welcoming you, our valued guests, back to inamo and would like to reassure you of our enhanced hygiene, health and safety measures, which you can view here and via the link below. Alongside our existing unique interactive technology, meaning you can order (and have lots of fun with games, chef-cam & more) direct from your table, you can relax & enjoy your experience with us.

Bookings for inamo Covent Garden are currently available from 23rd July.

Read more on their website

SquareMeal Review of Inamo Covent Garden

Like its Soho sibling, this cool neon-lit restaurant serves up futuristic fun alongside a menu of pan-Asian favourites. Your table doubles as an entertainment centre: spy on the kitchen with ‘Chef Cam’, play retro video games of Pong, or choose the design of your place settings (upload photos beforehand to create a personalised tabletop montage). This branch occupies three floors, including a stylish basement bar, and the kitchen features a robata grill. Place your order via iPad, and dishes (all made for sharing) arrive courtesy of the friendly, helpful staff. We began with nicely spiced Korean chicken wings and dumplings filled with tender squid and spring onion. Next, DIY duck pancakes arrived with herb salad, and miso black cod delivered classic silky textures. Well-executed sushi and sashimi, chicken satay, Wagyu beef and Thai curries are also offered. Sip on Saké Mojitos, Kirin beer or wines chosen to match the food.

About Inamo Covent Garden

The Covent Garden branch of futuristic London micro-chain Inamo brings top notch pan-Asian cuisine, as well as their famous interactive tables, to another prime London location. The Covent Garden restaurant sees you order your food using iPads and then while you’re waiting for it to arrive you can entertain yourselves by playing games, drawing pictures or changing the design of your interactive table top.

The Inside of Inamo Covent Garden is typical of all of their restaurants with dim lighting allowing for the table projections to glow; wooden panels and elaborate patterns line the walls, with a bright bar lit up from below. Everything about Inamo Covent Garden is cool, slick and modern whilst maintaining some of the feeling of a traditional Asian restaurant.

The food offering is all based around sharing, with the huge menu giving diners the opportunity to create a real feast. Tapas-style dishes include classics such as sweet chilli prawn tempura, beef tataki, and bang bang cauliflower. A wide range of sushi and sashimi can also be enjoy with options such as seared salmon maki and New York rolls on offer amongst others.

On top of this the menu features a separate yakitori section with both veggie and meat options available. Larger sharing dishes include a plate of sizzling black pepper beef fillet and Korean BBQ ribs, with miso soup and rice both available to have on the side. To finish, why not try one of Inamo’s baked Alaskas or perhaps a chocolate fizz fondue.

Accompanying the amazing food, Inamo’s long drinks list features an impressive selection of cocktails such as a raspberry mojito and a lychee martini. There’s also a decent selection of wines and beers available, or for something a little more traditional why not try some of the sake on offer if you can handle it.

Eat Out to Help Out Participating Restaurant
Eat Out to Help Out Participating Restaurant
Child friendly
Food Hygiene Rating

Special offers from Inamo Covent Garden

Dine Local: 50% off (up to the value of £10)

From: 1 September, 2020
To: 30 September, 2020
Max: 6
Up to max £10pp discount on food and soft drinks ordered. Guests must dine from a la carte menu – not applicable to any offers
Availability: Mon-Thu 12:00PM-11:00PM,Fri 12:00PM-5:00PM

Fri 14:00-23:15
Sat 12:00-23:15
Sun 12:00-20:00

Reviews of Inamo Covent Garden

Rotten food, rotten service, scammed on the bill.
02 September 2020   - Verified Diner

I have never given such a low review and if I could, I would give this place a 0.

Rotten chicken, cold food and trying to charge for things we did not have.

I was served rotten chicken that the "manager" refused to smell it because he "does not like chicken", our dumplings were cold and the hot and spicy chicken was luke warm. They did reheat the chicken in the microwave, but after everything else was so bad, we did not want thier food..

Although we had £10 off per person (£50), the manager still tried to scam me on exiting the "restaurant". He called the police because I did not want to pay the full food bill. I reminded the "manager" that in the UK paying for or disputing a restaurant bill is a civil matter and you do not have to pay your bill if you are unhappy with the quality, but there were things on there thst we did not even have.

I had stated all along that I would pay for my drinks, but I did not want to pay for the food because most was cold and some was off, and not all of our party of 5 ate any food at all.

He also tried to charge me for a Whiskey I ordered that was not in stock and was not delivered to the table. He also charged us for 2 sushi dishes, when we only had 1.

When he realised I was not intimidated by his scare tactics of the "police arriving straight away", he soon reduced my bill by 60%. I was happy to pay this as it covered the drinks and some of the food we ate, but he had to take it to the level of calling the police before he would reduce the bill. I can only imagine how many people who are not from the UK would be scared into paying for food that us not up to standard when the manager calls the police if you are not happy.

He did not apologise and would not accept we had a bad time. Kids were crying thinking I was going to get taken away by the police, they did not eat. It was truly a terrible experience.

I am gutted that I have to give a 1 star review, I am unhappy that the manager would not apologise, but he has my contact details if he wants to make this right.

Sharon K

The food does not compensate for bad servise
01 August 2019

We booked this restaurant as it is advertised as good for families. The place is dark and the food is NOT CHILD FRIENDLY!! The service was so poor, we had to ask our waitress for every little thing and she was NOT forthcoming. The food was nice but too ecpensive for lunch time. We will not be back or recommend.

Victoria S

26 July 2019
Great food, Good service, good value.

Great evening
09 May 2019

Staff were Really funny and friendly. Food was delicious and tasty.

Bottomless Brunch
05 May 2019

We had fantastic bottomless brunch at inamo. Food was good and service was fast and friendly. Worth of value for bottomless deal . Recommend to all

Go for it
26 April 2019

this place is unique and must try when you are at Covent Garden. Food was delicious and service was fast and friendly. We enjoyed Interactive table it was fun and interesting

Must try
24 April 2019

must visit this place when you are at Covent Garden . Foot was delicious and very friendly and helpful staffs

Recommend
24 April 2019

this place is really good to try something new ordering system through tablet . Fun and interesting place for kids with interactive table. Food was delicious and service was fast and friendly.

Love it
22 April 2019

found this plcace on google search and book this place last weekend. It was really good fun and we enjoyed it

Excellent
19 April 2019

we will back .

Other restaurants near Inamo Covent Garden

You are requesting to book Inamo Covent Garden for people on at .