Holborn Dining Room

British

SquareMeal Review of Holborn Dining Room

Boasting an all-day menu that stretches from filling hot breakfasts to late-night suppers, this versatile brasserie within the smart Rosewood London receives generous praise for "amazing ambience, very good food and great service". The grand, marble-pillared room previously housed the underwriters at Pearl Assurance, and Martin Brudnizki's makeover captures that sense of heritage with a clubby look whose russet leather, reclaimed oak and antique mirrors are both traditional and on-trend; outside, meanwhile, the courtyard houses a tastefully elegant summer-only terrace.

Recent highlights from a crowd-pleasing menu included a juicy shrimp burger lifted with lobster thermidor tart, cornish crab toast and indulgent sticky toffee pudding, all preceded by exemplary White Negronis. Elsewhere, you'll find classic seafood dishes and a decent wine list to boot.

Good to know about Holborn Dining Room

British
Buzzy, Cool
Afternoon eating, Breakfast, Brunch, Bottomless brunch
Group dining [8+]

Location for Holborn Dining Room

252 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7EN

Opening Times of Holborn Dining Room

Mon-Fri 7am-10.30pm Sat 7.30am-10.30pm (Sun-10pm)

Reviews of Holborn Dining Room

Ms/Mrs. Chris H

Two breakfasts and a dinner
05 December 2018
I was fortunate enough to stay at this hotel for two nights which meant I had two breakfasts here during my stay. I can recommend the Eggs Benedict and Eggs Royale. My friend had avocado and tomato on a muffin with a poached egg which looked delicious and filling. We also had a dinner. I had salmon to start followed by chicken pie with garden peas. Both were filling. The service and staff were excellent on all three occasions. I would definitely visit again.

Ms/Mrs. Sophie W

Great place for a client lunch!
22 June 2017
On the hottest day of the year so far, a lunch at Holborn Dining Room was exactly what my clients and I needed! The decor and atmosphere of the restaurant gave the perfect backdrop to an important business lunch. The shrimp burger was amazing as was the steak tartar! Service was wonderful and we were very well looked after, I would highly recommend to anyone!

Great for pre-theatre and people watching
14 April 2016
I met a couple of friends for an early dinner last week. Early because one of my friends is pregnant but in reality it was me that was yawning by 8:30pm! my excuse is an early start that morning. We had a very enjoyable evening. We booked the special offer menu, which is great value. 3 courses plus a cocktail for £25 (before 6:30pm). There was a choice of 3 dishes for each course and the cocktail plus they made a mocktail for my pregnant friend. I'm vegetarian and enjoyed the onion soup and spelt risotto. My friends also had the soup and the pot roast lamb. The portions are generous and everything tasted delicious. I couldn't get enough of the rhubarb and ginger trifle. I remember the restaurant when it was Pearl and the designers have been clever in updating the large space to make it feel airy yet intimate. A kind of upmarket New York diner with red leather booths and a long bar to the side of the restaurant. The staff were incredibly helpful, even lending my friend a cushion to make her feel more comfortable. The people watching here is spectacular! by 7pm the restaurant was buzzing. We could spot those on a business dinner, the nervous first dates, the more flirty third dates and then the work colleagues who probably shouldn't have been on a date but ended up being on one after a few Dark and Stormy cocktails! We had to leave before we were found out! I'd like to go back and try the al la carte menu and more trifle but I can't promise I won't be people watching again!

Mr. Paul S

30 April 2014
Staff attentive and pleasant. Room had nice atmosphere without impeding conversation. Food a little average. Sea bass overlooked and dry.

Mr. Patrick B

08 March 2014
I like the Rosewood Hotel, but the Holborn Dining Room (or HDR, as they call themseleves) is still nowhere close to the level it must aiming for. It is definitely ambitious, the room has very expensive decor and especially in the evening the atmosphere looks nice. The service is not very well oiled, but at least the staff is friendly. What lets the place down in a very big way is the food. Imagine a british-inspired brasserie. That's Charles Dickens's Britain… the result is nothing short of dire, but worse there is a complete lack of attention to detail, which doesn't go at all with the rest of the Rosewood complex. A pity becasue a new all-day solid brasseries would have been exactly what Holborn (sorry ‘Mid-Town’) needed. A complete turnaround in the kitchen is needed, before its too late. I concur with fellow reviewers that the drinks menu is not very smart and the wine list is strange to say the least. Pity.

Ms/Mrs. victor T

28 February 2014
It infurates me to never to be asked if I would prefer a double or single when ordering drink's,as doubles not only intoxicates much quicker but also sends the bill up which attracts a larger service charge for the same amount of effort. One other thing ether get more powerful lighting or print the menu's larger.

Other restaurants near Holborn Dining Room

You are requesting to book Holborn Dining Room for people on at .