Greedy Buddha

Call Greedy Buddha to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Greedy Buddha

‘Daughter of Nepal’ Joanna Lumley is a fan of this neighbourhood eatery, which has built a reputation for its additive-free, non-greasy food. Purists should order choyla (chicken from the clay oven, served cold), showu (a spicy, sweet & sour apple-based curry) or momo (little steamed dumplings), although well-made kormas, Madras & other curry-house favourites are on offer for those who don’t fancy expanding their culinary horizons. Either way, a well-chosen New World wine list complements the menu’s spicy flavours. The purple interiors are cramped but cosy, & a live band revs things up on the last Thursday of each month. Greedy Buddha also opens for a very un-Nepalese weekend brunch, with locals tucking into English fry-ups on the bamboo-clad terrace.

Nepalese

Location for Greedy Buddha

144 Wandsworth Bridge Road, London, SW6 2UH

Mon-Fri 12pm-10.30pm (Fri -11.30pm) Sat-Sun @12pm-11.30pm (Sun -10.30pm) closed bdtween 2.30pm-6pm

Reviews of Greedy Buddha

Ms/Mrs. Katie O

Ok but wouldn't hurry back
21 August 2013
I may have gone to this place with my hopes a bit high. I had heard from locals that this place was amazing and was always packed; so on the way back from work I popped in. On first glance it looked cute, rustic and cosy and I had a good feeling about it. This was instantly dashed when menus were almost thrown at us with food and drink stains all over it. I wasn’t expecting the menus be carved in to gold but I instantly had a bad taste in my mouth from the way I was handed the menu and the fact they were ok with giving me it with another customers left overs on. For starters I ordered the Nepalese salad as a healthy option. It was the most gigantic salad I have had spilling over the sides of a tiny plate. The mango used was tinned and I didn’t have a clue how to eat it as it was pilled as high as the Himalayas, maybe that was the pun and I missed it. I flagged this up with the waiter but he didn’t seem to care, a shrug was all he could muster. To my delight the main course was beautiful. Again being healthy I had the Chicken Tikka which was wonderfully succulent and tender and the spices were dreamy. I tried some of my boyfriend’s Chicken Korma (we didn't go too wild on the old taste buds) and it was a lovely standard creamy Korma and the side dishes were nice too. As much as I enjoyed my main I was put off from the start. I may pop in on the way home someday hoping service has tightened up a bit.

Other restaurants near Greedy Buddha

You are requesting to book Greedy Buddha for people on at .