SquareMeal Review of Goya

It may be named after one of Spain’s most iconic artists, but there’s nothing brooding or dramatic about this good-natured tapas bar/restaurant. A cheery vibe prevails as waistcoated waiters whisk around with plates of rustic food for the business execs and Westminster politicos who congregate here at lunchtime. Patriotic paellas, bowls of zarzuela, kidneys in sherry sauce and breadcrumbed veal escalope with piquillo peppers complement an extensive line-up of tapas taking in the likes of patatas bravas, chicken croquetas, calamares with alioli and Galician-style pork fillet. Arched alcoves and heavy wooden chairs add to the rustic vibe in the basement dining room, while the buzz in the more relaxed ground-floor tapas bar is regularly punctuated by the sound of popping Cava corks. During the summer, the party spills out onto the street.

Good to know about Goya

Opening Times of Goya

Mon-Sun 12N-11.30pm

Reviews of Goya

Mr. Timothy P

Nice find for a Sunday night after The Tate!
15 December 2014
We found Goya after searching for somewhere open on a Sunday evening within walking distance (which it was). We ate on the ground floor which has a number of rustic wooden tables; just a tapas selection, but a good lot. I ordered Rinones (Kidneys), which I like but no-one else did, so all the more for me! Sizeable plates of veg pistou, calamares, octopus, gambas and so on, plus very good artichokes cooked with jamon. Hot, efficient, well-priced, reasonable Spanish wine, and a modest 10% service - what's not to like?

Ms/Mrs. Sue H

10 July 2014
I am so very pleased that I found this restaurant (by chance on the internet). The smell of the food as I approached was so good and when the food that I ordered came it was not a disappointment. It was a very busy summers evening but all the staff were welcoming and efficient. I will certainly go again when I am next in the area. There was plenty of choice and the food I had was well presented and well cooked. The downside? The portions were so generous that sadly I couldn't finish my meal! Give it a go – you will love it too.

Other restaurants near Goya

You are requesting to book Goya for people on at