Call Golden Dragon Colindale to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Golden Dragon Colindale

A cacophonous dining hall and panoramic view of one of Edgware Road’s busy fast-food drive-throughs may not seem like the most auspicious of venues for a meal, but there’s lots to like about Golden Dragon, the flagship restaurant for north London’s Asian food hall, Bang Bang Oriental. There’s an à la carte menu of Cantonese classics and a lunchtime dim sum menu, but what sets this kitchen apart is the specials menu full of weird, wobbly and fiery delights from China’s less well-known provinces. Big sharing dishes are a particular highlight. Try the bubbling hotpot of chicken and chillies, or platter of whole crab in a sweet, spicy satay sauce with pillowy buns to mop it all up. Best of all is a dish of tofu, stuffed with prawn paste and fried until crisp with yet more chillies. Nothing on the menu is particularly expensive, though with so many new flavours to explore you’ll be hard pressed to come away without a moderately large, but entirely justifiable, bill.

Chinese

Location for Golden Dragon Colindale

Bang Bang Oriental, 399 Edgware Road, London, NW9 0FH

Mon-Fri 12N-10pm (Fri -10.30pm) Sat-Sun 11am-10.30pm

Reviews of Golden Dragon Colindale

rude staff and not welcoming anyone except they own culture
16 November 2019

Just visited golden dragon restaurant had lunch and green tea staff was extremely rude. When I asked for sugar for tea - they replied that I can get it in morrosons and it is not good for me. Then they asked ohh do you still want your tea. After 10 minutes of drinking my tea please note I just eat big portion of seafood soup they brought me bill without me asking for it!! I asked to speak to the manager and told him what had happened he said that it was his idea as restaurant gets busy now, please note that all right side of it was empty and then I said you know what that’s the worst service I ever has got in my life and I will never be back on what manager said ok and I left. Amazing so I am going out to have a nice time and instead of this they been rude extremely rude. Please be sure that I will ask my personal assistant to post this review on all networks on my behalf so people been warn about your rude inappropriate management and restaurant service style. It seams they only polite to they own people being rude to british american etc. I’m american and I have never had such a bad lunching out in my life!! And I am eating out every day as I am not cooking at home as often.

Just Great
02 April 2019

I have been to the Golden Dragon many times and I wonder who wrote the other reviews.

The staff are always helpful and most friendly. This food is mostly freshly prepared so you have to wait. Thats the nature of chinese food and it cannot all come up togther.

The food is second to none with wonderful Dim Sum. The best I have ever had. The Peking Duck just magnificent.

Its a real treat to go here. Its smart,the staff are well dressed.

Highly recommneded.

RUDE and RACIST
31 March 2019

The service I received from this food establishment was absolutely rude and that was from the last obnoxious manager.  They are RACIST and I ended up leaving as I was not willing to give them my custom. This all came down to asking a simple question. As it was mother’s day, I had made a reservation over the phone requesting for high chairs. I reminded the manager for the high chairs and he literally launched into me and started  shouting saying” where am I suppose to get High chairs  from”  he went on to say before I could even respond that it didn’t matter if I had reserved it or not. I would never attempt go there AGAIN, please don’t waste your time or money for such rude service. On top of that I felt discriminated against, as I stood in the queue waiting to be acknowledged, a couple from their community walked in after me and was attended to and shown to a seat immediately.  Stay away from this place, i’ll prefer to make the extra journey to China Town instead.

Patrick L

Think twice before you gogo
14 January 2018
Spacious dining lounge with acceptable deco but that's it, service, what service? you have to wait, well I had to wait 20 minutes for a takeaway. I have never encountered such blandness in a Chinese meal like this before. stodgy rice, three measly chicken feet and six tiny bone pieces of pork with soya sauce for £5.90. No taste, mean potion, overpriced. Disappointing on all counts is an understatement, Not recommended, go somewhere else, go to the Chinese Restuarant in Hell, I'm sure they serve better food there..

Other restaurants near Golden Dragon Colindale

Jun Ming

Flavours
Edgware

Flavours

You are requesting to book Golden Dragon Colindale for people on at .