SquareMeal Review of Evans & Peel

‘Specialists in blackmail, missing persons and armed personal protection’, fantasy detectives Evans & Peel use this discreet agency front to keep their cocktail bar clandestine. Patrons must make an appointment and present their ‘case’ in the office on arrival, before a sleuth in period costume decides if they’re to be allowed into the atmospheric speakeasy that hides behind the bookshelf. This kind of role play isn’t to everyone’s taste, but we’d challenge anyone to say a bad word about the agency’s inventive take on classic drinks. Our current favourites are the Clover Breakfast Club (Hendrick's gin, English breakfast tea, raspberry jam, lime, cucumber, clarified milk and Teapot bitters) and the Islayllujah, which sees Bulleit bourbon and 16-year-old Lagavulin whisky stirred with bitters, salt and yuzu essence in a twist on the Sazerac theme. There are decent bar snacks too – try the Dr Pepper pulled beef in waffles.

Bars
Cool, Fun, Lively
Dates

Location for Evans & Peel

310c Earls Court Road, London, SW5 9BA

Tues-Sat 5pm-12M (Fri-Sat -12.30am)

Reviews of Evans & Peel

Mr. Ted T

14 February 2013
What a great cocktail bar, really fun venue and I loved the theme behind this, the lady at the front of house was excellent and stayed in character througout the evening. Great bar staff, food and cocktails, perfect for a date evening or just catching up with mates. Loved the goats cheese fritters, pulled pork mini burgers and mac & cheese. Will be going back again very soon to see if they've sloved my case.

Ms/Mrs. Maria M

23 November 2012
We went here last nite for a girlie dinner. We were disappointed with the quality of the food, very small portions , poor quality. Really only good fr cocktails and snacks. Nice atmosphere and interesting concept. It is poor value for money and eat before you go, but interesting place, once. Service from waitress very good but when I called to ask for candles in dessert as one of us had a birthday they would not do it, said they had none. And when I asked if I could bring my own cake and candles they said yes but we could not eat it! Not helpful. I would not go again but it is a nice environment.

Other restaurants near Evans & Peel

You are requesting to book Evans & Peel for people on at .