SquareMeal Review of Belgo Noord

The Belgo mini-chain found fame with that Belgian favourite, moules-frites. The versions served at this cavernous venue aren’t London’s best, but there’s an alluringly wide range. Pots of the mollusc can be ordered marinière, with Thai green sauce, or tossed with garlic and herb. Platters of mussels arrive topped with spinach, melted cheese and crispy pancetta. Flemish influences continue with rotisserie chicken, carbonade with stoemp mash and waffles with ice cream and chocolate sauce for pud. The lengthy drinks menu pays homage to Belgian beer, showcasing all sorts: from Früli Strawberry to Vedett or Trappist Chimay Rouge. Shots of fruit-flavoured schnapps appeal to livelier crowds, of which there are many on Friday and Saturday nights.

Belgian
Fun
Child friendly, Group dining [8+], Special occasions

Location for Belgo Noord

72-73 Chalk Farm Road, London, London, NW1 8AN

Mon-Sun 12N-11pm (Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of Belgo Noord

Ms/Mrs. Nefi E

13 February 2010
My husband and I recently went to the Belgo restaurant at Chalk Farm road. It is such a fun and funky place and the food was excellent. My husband had the wild boar sausages, and I have to say after having a taste of his I was starting to regret my decision to try the beef carbonnade. Those were the best sausages ever! My beef was nice as well, and there were plums and apples in to give it some tartness and depth. Yum. The afters were lovely, chocolate and orange bread and butter pudding. My husband had something with meringue and strawberries with cream, he actually liked mine better and so did I. The service was fast and friendly, and the guys working there were all very attentive and welcoming. Overall, we would go back there in a heartbeat, but next time I'm getting the sausages! Oh and the fruit beers are really nice, I know you can get those in Tesco or Sainsburys now but it was nice to try some different flavours. Reasonably priced food and drinks as well.
Sorry, Belgo Noord restaurant is closed. Here's some other restaurants near Belgo Noord.

Other restaurants near Belgo Noord

You are requesting to book Belgo Noord for people on at .