Bel & The Dragon Windsor

Modern European·

SquareMeal Review of Bel & The Dragon Windsor

Philanthropist, heir to the Cadbury chocolate empire and one-time owner of Soho’s Groucho Club, Joel Cadbury expanded his horizons with this mini-chain of upmarket inns scattered around the Thames Valley and the Home Counties. Expect a user-friendly mix of spacious wood-floored drinking spaces and casual dining areas in tune with the original building’s history and heritage. The food is a broadly European mix of standards and more flashy ideas – from beefy cuts on the Josper grill and rotisserie to more elaborate plates of seared Orkney scallops with aubergine caviar and curried cauliflower or rabbit, chorizo and white bean stew, followed by, say, warm chocolate fondant with blackcurrant ice cream. House wine is offered by the magnum and customers merely pay for what they drink, while weekend brunch and children’s menus broaden Bel’s all-round appeal.

Modern European
Food Hygiene Rating

Bel & The Dragon Windsor is featured in

Location for Bel & The Dragon Windsor

Thames Street, 1 Datchet Road, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1QB

01753 866056

Mon-Sun 12N-10pm (Sat -10.30pm Sun -9pm)

Reviews of Bel & The Dragon Windsor

Very disappointed.
19 September 2020

I was very disappointed with my meal at the Bel and dragon last night. The service was lovely can't fault that but I felt very disappointed in the main course. I ordered the roast chicken supreme £17 and got a couple of pieces if chicken on tinned sweet corn and a bit of over cooked brocoli with a watery gravy. It looked like the sort of meal I give my 5yr old. I can't remember now what the description was but I am sure it did not say sweet corn! Very odd.

My partner had the burger which had Ia bit if iceberg lettuce I  it and was small compared to any any burger we have had before. The burger tasted fine but just looked unimpressive.

We had the Musscles for starter which were delicious.

But overall it was a special and rare night out for me and my partner and were left having spent a lot of money on a more than disappointing meal.

Call Bel & The Dragon Windsor to make a booking on:

Other restaurants we like near Bel & The Dragon Windsor

Book Bel & The Dragon Windsor for people on at .