About Annies

Annies is owned by actress Jennie McAlpine and her partner Chris Farr.

Located just off St. Ann’s Square in the iconic Royal Exchange building, tucked away from the hustle and bustle, Annies is the perfect setting to eat good old fashioned food and relax in comfort and style.

For a business lunch, traditional afternoon tea, pre-theatre meal, leisurely evening dinner or a private party, Annies is the place to find traditional, good quality food and friendly service.

Good to know about Annies

British

Location for Annies

5 Old Bank Street, Manchester, M2 7PE

Opening Times of Annies

Tues-Sat 12N-11pm (Sun -6pm)

Reviews of Annies

Ms/Mrs. Pam B

Annies restaurant manchester bank street
27 August 2013
lovely evening on friday 23rd august, with my daughter and son in law. genuine and warm welcome from jenny and her dad. the atmosphere was very relaxed i could have stayed all evening. the food was amazing i had the cheese and onion pie with thick chips.and manchester tart . it was my birthday treat from my daughter and son-in-law so i was treated to a glass of fizz from the staff. i will be returning very soon with friends. five star rateing for Annies

Ms/Mrs. Dee M

27 January 2013
Saturday 26th January 2013. The atmosphere in the bar upstairs and the restaurant below, still retained the feeling that you were in a bank, it was very austere really, more like a gentlemans club/ library, and this was a saturday afternoon but it had a hushed feeling about it. I think that it takes more than a few armchairs and red tea lights, to make a place warm and inviting. The food, considering its being marketed as plain home cooking etc hence Annie's home made pies… and quite expensive, was disappointing. I ordered the three cheese and onion pie??? When it came, accompanied by a small blob of mash potatoe. I thought there had been a mistake, as it wasn't covered by a crust, just a ring of mash potatoe, in a small souflle dish and the cheese was fete, goats cheese padded out with lumps of potatoe and something else, the consistancy and appearance was more like a fish pie. They should make this clear on the menu, I couldn't eat it as I do not like fete or goats cheese but I took it for granted that it would be a traditional cheese and onion pie, my mistake. The Manchester tart for desert, again was a disappointment, the pastry was hard and there was hardly any filling in it. No marks again for that and it wasn't cheap!! There is a lot of competition in Manchester for the saturday afternoon diners, not to mention in the evening and especially in that location. So that was probably my first and last visit.

Ms/Mrs. Andrea H

17 January 2013
Had a very enjoyable lunch on a Saturday afternoon with friends while on a shopping day. The staff were very friendly we were served by Billy who answered all our questions and actually showed us round the restaurant, the decor is very welcoming and there are lovley big armchairs to sit in after a nice meal and enjoy a glass or two of wine, the private dining room is a very nice idea. The food was excellent good wholesome food, we all had different main courses which were very filling and served nice and hot then we all ate desserts the “Manchester Tart” is to die for! Lots of choice and look forward to trying the Bucks Fizz Trifle next! The ladies have the nicest smelling soaps and lovley individual cloths to dry hands on, small details but very nice. Would highly recommend a visit to “Annies” We actually met Jenny and her Dad on the way out, she was lovely introduced herself and asked what we had eaten and if we enjoyed our food, she asked overall what our thoughts were and we assured her that we would be back to visit very soon.

Ms/Mrs. Susan I

20 December 2012
Three friends and myself went to eat at Annies on the 18th December. We were not disappointed …the welcome was genuine and warm. The food was amazing …i chose the cheese and onion pie..wow it was delicious and the thick chips Mmmm, with perfectly cooked vegetables. The desserts were just as amazing…with a really good choice…served perfectly, We were eating before visiting The Bridgewater Hall, we would have loved to have stayed longer. When i visit again i will enjoy chilling for a while longer. Do go if you get the opportunity …this is a little gem !

Other restaurants near Annies

You are requesting to book Annies for people on at .