Alto by San Carlo

Italian·
London, W1A 1AB ·Website ·Call020 7318 3287

SquareMeal Review of Alto by San Carlo

Following a string of short pop ups, Selfridges’ rooftop is now home to a branch of international Italian restaurant brand San Carlo. Alto makes up for the lack of view via an Instagram-friendly floral installation that greets guests upon entry, while hanging foliage and wicker chairs add to the ‘bring the outside in’ vibe. Attractive and efficient staff glide between tables topping up drinks, while the menu is as we’ve come to expect from the San Carlo group – extensive, designed to share, straightforwardly Italian – and generally executed to a high standard.

Kick off with smaller plates such as creamy burrata topped with earthy truffle shavings and Parma ham, and ham croquettes with an oozing centre. Larger plates include Neapolitan-style pizzas topped with the likes of fiery nduja, spicy sausage and buffalo mozzarella, or a bowl of tagliolini al granchio: thin strings of pasta with soft crab meat, bursts of cherry tomatoes and plenty of cream. Aperol spritzes and Prosecco suit the fun and breezy atmosphere while, for dessert, there is tiramisu, panna cotta or, if you can’t decide, a dessert tray which serves you a little bit of everything. Alto might not merit the trip to the top floor unless you're already in Selfridges, but for in-store dining, it's a star buy.

Italian
Cool, Glamorous
All day dining
Rooftop
Dates

FAQs

Are there vegan options at Alto by San Carlo?

Yes, there are vegan options at Alto by San Carlo. There’s a dedicated vegan section on the menu which includes dishes like raw beets tartare and spaghetti puttanesca.

How do you book Alto by San Carlo?

You can usually book at Alto by San Carlo, but during busier periods the restaurant goes to a ‘walk ins only’ policy. Search for availability on your chosen time and date by using the widget above.

What is the menu like at Alto by San Carlo?

The menu at Alto by San Carlo is Italian. There are small plates to start, while the main sections include pizza and pasta options as well as things like veal Milanese and fillet of seabass with lemon and parsley.

Location for Alto by San Carlo

Selfridges, Oxford Street, London, W1A 1AB

Mon-Sun 11.30am-11pm (Sun -6pm)

Reviews of Alto by San Carlo

Saw a bee in the pizza on Dior San Carlo Alto restaurant selfridges
18 September 2021

Saw a bee in the pizza on Dior San Carlo Alto restaurant selfridges London

Very slow service and not selfridges standard , this is embarrassment for brand of Dior to have their name in this restaurant  /  We went to the Dior San Carlo Alto restaurant on 15/09/2021 at 17:20 and was really disappointed from the quality of food that was served to me. Service was slow. We ordered grilled prawns, roast potato, sea bass lemon , baby leaf salad mix, pizza , orange and water .  The pizza I ordered had dead bee on top, this is unacceptable and unhygienic. Staff acted not professional. I Notice about the bee on the pizza I was lucky I didn’t ate all of it , three of us are feeling sick from seeing this  Also I want to add the pasta I ordered was too hard . I called staff about the pizza it took long time for them to come and talk to us .  We got sick from this and ask for bill and left. We was feeling annoyed and unset from this .  We paid £ 51.35 very unhappy and not good.

Saw a bee in the pizza on Dior San Carlo Alto restaurant selfridges
18 September 2021

Saw a bee in the pizza on Dior San Carlo Alto restaurant selfridges London

Terrible
14 December 2020

Terrible service, it took a while to get the attention for any waiter and then ordered the whole lobster which was quite pricey but when it came it was so small the equivalent to 2 bites for each half lobster.

Other restaurants we like near Alto by San Carlo

Book Alto by San Carlo for people on at .