Modern European·

45 Jermyn St.

SquareMeal Review of 45 Jermyn St.

To keep a caviar trolley going over many years is one thing; to build it into Fortnum & Mason’s 21st-century restaurant and cocktail bar is quite another. That oscietra- and beluga-loaded vehicle is just one luxury on offer here; other treats include potato, jamón and a fried duck egg for breakfast, a trio of Alba truffle dishes and a boozy ice-cream float for afters. The carte majors in ideas that feel safe, but indulgent: pine-nut crusted scallops with bottarga butter, perhaps, followed by lamb belly with leek and potato dauphinoise, plus something cold in a coupe for dessert (brandy cherries, cinnamon and vanilla ice cream, for instance). This venue used to be The Fountain, but the new look is bolder, with a line of tomato-red stools at the long marble bar and plenty for their occupants to drink. Everything is lovely – “as always with Fortnum’s”.

Modern European
Fun, Glamorous, Lively
Brunch
Special occasions

Location for 45 Jermyn St.

45 Jermyn Street, St. James's, London, SW1Y 6DN

Mon-Sat 7am-11.30pm (Sat 8am- ) Sun 8am-10.30pm

Reviews of 45 Jermyn St.

Chris-MPC

Old worldly but nice...
29 November 2019

On booking I didn't realise that it was in the Fortnum building although totally segregated from it, and I'm not sure I would of gone if I had known as restaurants in stores tend to be a bit lacking.  However, I was mistaken in this instance.

The restaurant is quite old worldy in decor which was quite a charming ambience, but for me it was a little dark.  Those of us with reading glasses will struggle a bit.

Service was reasonably efficient but lacked a certain refinement, a couple of times things were passed over the back of the booth, but that is a minor gripe.

The food reminded me of the Ivy, nothing earth shatteringly exciting but what it did offer was all done extremely well.   I started with the roasted bones, super tasty marrow bone with a gravy that was so full of meaty flavour.  I then had the belly pork, so maybe a bad choice given my fatty starter but was cooked well and quite delicious, the only thing I’d maybe criticise is that the portion was a little too big (I could of left some but, well just too nice).  If I wasn’t full/ fat enough already I finished with a chocolate orange sphere desert, hot sauce poured over the sphere to create a super unctuous desert.

If you want a ‘safe’ meal that isn’t going to challenge the palate then I would certainly recommend.  Looking at the other dinners there were a lot dinning with what I presume were their parents and would suggest as an ideal venue for that.

The meal for the two of us came in at £262, with getting on for half of that being the drinks tab.

Amanda P

26 July 2019
Smart decor and always feel fashionable when eating here. Characterful staff (Maitre D and doorman). Lovely breakfast and very good choice on the menu. Table well spaced for formal/business lunches.

Kumud R

27 June 2018
Great for Breakfasts, and lunches. Good value with great location.

Meena R

24 April 2018
Amazing food, great service and fantastic value.

Samantha F

Excellent
28 July 2016
Excellent Service as always from Fortnums.

Carole C

Lovely evening
24 March 2016
As we've been there before, thought we'd go back for a second time. Didn't let us down - everything was lovely as to be expected.

Other restaurants near 45 Jermyn St.

You are requesting to book 45 Jermyn St. for people on at .