Find and book great restaurantsFind a Restaurant
|Address:||36e Shad Thames, London SE1 2YE|
|Tel:||020 3589 2078|
|Price: £48.00||Wine: £19.50||Champagne: £49.75|
|Opening Hours:||Mon-Sun 12N-3pm (Sat-Sun -4pm) 6-11pm (Sun -10pm)|
This review hasn't been rated yet.
i went to the Butlers wharf for xmas; i thought it would be my xmas heaven and i was happy to pay a whooping
85pounds. Me and some friends were excited on the way but when we got there, te xmas spirit slowly desintegrated!
1) it was cold in the restuarant and we needed to keep our coats on- we had dressed up nicely but we had to cover up!
2) We had 3 hours allocated to our table, and we were happy to take our time and eat slowly but the waitresses kept coming back and asking if we were done with our plates and we tried to send them away politely but we felt pressurised and soon as they took the plates they would come back with the next course!! i wanted breaks in between and i expected them to give us that kind of service and not to have to keep asking and sending the waitresses away
3) They took the orders for all the courses at the beggining and though there was mention of mince pies they did not offer them till our time had ran out! i felt like if you didnt know your rights and what the menu had said the you didnt get it, dissappointing for this kind of restaurant
4) I chose venisen for main course which came with some creamed potatoes of some sort (i hate creamed potatoes) so i requested to have parsnips or roast potatoes instead which was served with something else- THEY REFUSED claiming that it was a set Xmas menu!!! i could nto believe it!!! its not like it wasnt on the menu for that day and it was Xmas…Damn!!! on xmas day i had venisen with veggies only! NOT FAIR
5) obviously i wasnt going to tip them much! but guess what? The service charge was 15% ADDED TO THE BILL;
The whole xperience was not xmassy !!! the music was boring and not xmassy! i was cold and not happy
obviously im NEVER EVER GOING BACK!!!