Jobs at Square Meal
Square Meal is a young, dynamic, fast-growing company with market-leading products across a full range of platforms – from websites, apps and exhibitions to guides and magazines. It has a reputation for accurate but entertaining restaurant commentary built over 22 years and its community of high spend diners is unequalled in the UK, making approximately £150m of restaurant reservations online and by telephone annually. Its Venues and Events side has a market-leading position in print magazines and online, as well as an exhibition attracting over 7,000 event organizers and bookers each year. Sister operationImbibe is the market-leading drinks information service for the UK on-trade, with magazine, website, wine competition and exhibition at Olympia.
With 45 people in our jazzy London offices, just south of the river in Vauxhall, there has never been so many diverse and exciting opportunities. We are always on the look-out for talented, bright people who share our enthusiasm for excellence in this youthful and lively industry and want to work in a creative, go-get-it, happy environment.
If you are interested in working (or writing) for Square Meal please email your CV to [email protected] for editorial positions and
[email protected] for media sales positions. Specific jobs we are recruiting for at the moment are listed below.
V&E sales role
Do you have a minimum of 12 months' sales experience in media, marketing, exhibitions or the events industry? Does the prospect of working on Square Meal’s Venues & Events brand excite you? If that’s a yes, send a covering letter with your CV to Caroline Kaye, deputy head of Venues & Events.
The successful candidates will sell advertising packages across our full range of market-leading print and online media, as well as exhibition stands and editorial sponsorships to both new-business leads and existing accounts.
Our products cover the annual guide, stylish seasonal magazines and popular website, along with a fortnightly e-newsletter, reader events and the award-winning Venues & Events Live exhibition.
We’re looking for two confident, sociable and self-motivated people to work in a fun but driven environment. Hard graft and results are well rewarded,
the work is varied and exciting experiences await.
Keen? You know what to do.
Venues Concierge Executive
We are expanding our Concierge team, and require an executive to help manage our busy venues enquiries desk.
Enquiry handling and customer service:
- • Research and learn about the different types of venues that are appropriate for the different types of functions.
- • Visit venues where appropriate.
- • To keep up to date with latest openings.
- • Take incoming enquiries and give advice/suggestions.
- • Check for availability and collate any additional information required.
- • Follow up and find out if the event took place and where.
- • 75% of the enquiries would be UK venues (enquiries through our Venues & Events Helpline) and 25% private dining (enquiries through our Concierge).
- • Work with the Venues & Events Team to account handle and build a good relationship with the restaurants.
- • Collect all information that pertains to an event booking.
You must have:
- • Knowledge of UK Venues
- • Self-motivation
- • Good written and oral communication skills
- • Good organisational skills and excellent time management
- • Knowledge of Microsoft Office
You will ideally have:
- • Customer service experience
- • Sales experience
- • Knowledge of selling to venues
- • Knowledge of London restaurants
Please note that applications without a covering letter and candidates without venue knowledge will not be considered. Please apply to [email protected].