24 July 2014

My Sichuan

The Old School, Glocester Green, Oxford, Oxfordshire OX1 2DA

£30.00 Chinese Oxfordshire
  • Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 12N-11pm

Square Meal Review of My Sichuan ?

With its serviceable blend of cream walls, mahogany furniture, Chinese-themed art and well-meaning service (‘point and smile’ is the order of the day), My Sichuan is hardly a standout, but it does boast a brigade of skilled chefs from Szechuan’s capital city. Consequently, the food can be relied on for punch and authenticity: no amount of lip-tingling or abrasive chilli fire is spared when it comes to sliced pig’s ears with sesame oil, ox tripe in chilli sauce, sea snails with Szechuan peppercorns or – as a sticky alternative to crispy duck – shredded pork with soya-bean paste and tofu pancakes. Diners looking for something more familiar will appreciate sizzling beef in black-bean sauce, while those seeking respite from the heat might opt for lemon chicken. At lunchtime, big noodle bowls are around £5; otherwise plump for the innovative Szechuan take on dim sum.

Click here to read our diners’ reviews, or write your own

1. My Sichuan

The Old School, Glocester Green, Oxford, Oxfordshire OX1 2DA
    Overall rating:

Georgia

Great spicy food, poor service

(1)

• Food & Drink: 8
    • Service: 4
    • Atmosphere: 6
    • Value: 5

Got a blog?

Add your blog review of My Sichuan to Square Meal

Win fab prizes • Attract traffic to your blog • Add prestige to your blog Find out how

Diners at My Sichuan also recommend...

Please do not change this field Please do not change this field Please do not change this field