17 April 2014

Patara Oxford Circus

7 Maddox Street, London W1F 2QB

£52.00 Thai Soho

Overall Diner Rating

Based on 3 ratings. Rate it!

• Wine: £19.00
  • Champagne: £35.80
  • Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 12N-2.30pm 6-10.30pm

Square Meal Review of Patara Oxford Circus ?

The cuisine at Patara, an international chain with branches in London, Geneva & beyond, touts a Thai food experience of the sort you’re more likely to find in a Bangkok designer hotel rather than a street market. Exotic, ‘romantic candlelit’ interiors & ‘alluringly presented’ dishes are the group’s hallmarks, as is warm, courteous service (although readers’ comments haven’t been so glowing in that respect). This isn’t the place for a quick green curry or pad thai; instead enjoy ‘inventive & different’ – if ‘expensive’ – food such as DIY Thai tacos with chicken & prawns, rice-paper rolls with crabmeat, five-spice duck or wild boar in coconut red curry sauce. Thai wine is available (‘maybe not a good thing’), but a cold beer is most diners’ preferred tipple. Set lunches come recommended.

Click here to read our diners’ reviews, or write your own

1. Patara Oxford Circus

• Atmosphere: 8
    • Value: 8

Got a blog?

Add your blog review of Patara Oxford Circus to Square Meal

Win fab prizes • Attract traffic to your blog • Add prestige to your blog Find out how

1. Published : Friday, 2nd November 2012

Rate My Bistro :: Patara – Regent Street

It is always nice to have family come visit. An added bonus is that it gives us a chance to explore and try new places to eat. This time, it was my cousin who had come over from LA! I was after a place near Oxford Circus as we needed to be close to the theatre, to get there in time for an evening show. On recommendation from my brother, Patara was our restaurant for this evening. I always trust my brother’s restaurant recommendations and have never been disappointed by any of them to this day. They are always outstanding restaurants and so I was excited to try Patara! The entrance to Patara was lit with orange and yellow panels. There was a sofa area opposite the bar. We were seated here while our table was being prepared...
    More from Rate My Bistro »

Private Dining at Patara Oxford Circus

Capacities

Private RoomCapacity
Room for 45 people45

Square Meal Concierge

Want expert advice on the best private rooms and their availability? Use Square Meal Concierge, and earn extra Square Meal Rewards points with every booking.

Click here to email your enquiry or call us on 0207 840 5222.

Contact Square Meal’s Private Rooms Concierge Team

Square Meal’s Private Rooms Concierge team can help you find the perfect venue for private dining. Just complete this form, and we will be in touch.

Please include as much information as possible.

* Required field

please be as specific as possible: City / West End / Mayfair / Chelsea etc

Please do not change this field Please do not change this field Please do not change this field

Location of Patara Oxford Circus

? To book a table, call
or book online and earn 100 points

• Main Restaurant

Diners at Patara Oxford Circus also recommend...