26 July 2014
(menu)

Brinkley's

£47.00 International West Brompton

Overall Diner Rating

Based on 4 ratings. Rate it!

• Wine: £16.00
  • Champagne: £52.00
  • Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 7am-11pm Sat 12N-4pm 7-11pm Sun 12N-5pm 6-10.30pm

Square Meal Review of Brinkley's ?

With six outlets dotted around south-west London, few restaurant groups know their customers as well as Brinkley’s – although the Hollywood Road branch is unquestionably its flagship. The interior is clean cut and unpretentious, with a menu of comforting and well-executed international dishes following suit – from zingy Thai chicken salad with crushed peanuts to tuna and avocado tartare or a decadent burger Rossini. Famously ‘quick and efficient’ service does its job, although this is just the warm-up for Brinkley’s pièce de résistance – a thoroughly democratic wine list with competitive prices and bottles starting at a bargain-basement £16. As you’d expect, the whole place is abuzz come mid-evening, while drinkers keep it rocking right through the day at weekends – especially if the sought-after garden tables are up for grabs.

Wine List Of The Year

Serving everything from sashimi to steak and chips, this buzzy restaurant/bar is characterised by a lively list that covers lots of bases in a short space of time and offers great value for money.

Click here to read our diners’ reviews, or write your own

1. Brinkley's

• Atmosphere: 9
    • Value: 3

Got a blog?

Add your blog review of Brinkley's to Square Meal

Win fab prizes • Attract traffic to your blog • Add prestige to your blog Find out how

1. Published : Sunday, 16th February 2014

THIS LITTLE PIGGY LOVES FOOD! :: BRINKLEY

One of my favourite places to go for a girls' night out is Brinkley's on the Hollywood Road in Chelsea. Whenever I go I have so much fun that now my darling Pascal has banned me from going there without him as it always turns into a crazy crazy evening and last Friday night was no exception!!Brinkley's is one of 6 restaurants owned by Mr Brinkley - there are a few tables outside, then it has a fantastic buzzy bar at the front and the restaurant is at the back, half of which is under a glass conservatory. I always ask for a table in the middle bit as then you can see everything that is going on (it is great for people watching). The menu is "modern contemporary international" and it includes dishes such as sashimi, oysters, deep fried brie and smoked salmon salad for starter. Mains range from spinach and ricotta ravioli, pork belly to a red thai curry and the puddings like chocolate brownie or hot toffee cake with vanilla ice cream are also excellent. It will be no surprise to you that I always have the same thing!I have been a regular here for several years and before that I used to visit their sibling restaurant next door The Wine Galleries which is slightly cheaper - Pascal and I do still go there in the summer as it has a gorgeous walled garden. The main attraction of these restaurants is the very reasonably priced wine. They have a impressive selection and they are sold at retail prices rather than restaurant prices hence why I have "overdone it" here at times!!Anyway this time I went with my gorgeous friends Fran and Laura. We firstly had a couple of G&Ts next door at The Hollywood - we then moved to Brinkley's and despite being only 8pm, the place was heaving. I didn't even have to look at the menu to know what I wanted - tuna and avocado tartare with capers, lemon, shallots and crostini. It is my favourite - I feel it needs a touch of salt but it is still absolutely delicious - really fresh and full of flavour. Laura had the same.Fran had the burrata, prosciutto, grilled courgettes, red peppers, basil, chilli and lemon zest which she also said was incredible especially the creamy burrata - it certainly looked good.For mains we all had the same - the Brinkley's burger with blue cheese, crispy onions, rocket and fries. This is actually one of my favourite burgers ever - I like the fact it is only on half the bun, there is plenty of blue cheese (you can have cheddar if you prefer) and then I adore the crispy onions. It is simple in that it has no extra sauces or salad in it and it works perfectly. The chips are also another favourite of mine - thin and salty! I would recommend it.I obviously polished the plate off. It is impossible to leave Brinkley's without having a drink or two at the bar. The music is pumping, everybody is happy and in a good mood and so it is a great place to spend an evening. It is incredibly busy but that is part of the atmosphere - I have to say it makes me feel young again without having to go anywhere dreadful like a foam party (can you imagine the germs?!).I don't know anyone who doesn't like Brinkley's - Hugh Grant is a regular and my favourite royals William and Kate used to pop in regularly when they were dating. However I don't think Kate got as carried away as my friends and I do as we certainly weren't looking as immaculate as she always does when we left!!!Brinkley's47 Hollywood RoadLondonSW10 9HXTel: 020 7351 1683Email: [email protected]