23 July 2014

£50.00 Japanese Chelsea
Be the first to rate this restaurant Write Your Review
  • Wine: £27.00
  • Champagne: £80.00
  • Opening Hours: Tues-Sun 12N-10pm (Tues 6pm- )

Square Meal Review of Kurobuta Chelsea ?

While Kurobuta on Kendal Street was going through its extended gestation period, chef/owner Scott Hallsworth set about opening a pop-up version of the concept in Chelsea. This has now morphed into a permanent sibling, run along similar lines to the recently opened Marble Arch original – so expect modern, Japanese-style food in sociable, upbeat surroundings, with casual staff and plenty of noise. The menu divides into trendy, small-plates categories such as ‘snacks’, ‘cold’ and ‘robata bbq’ – think salmon gravadlax and avocado tartare with dill mayo, rice crunchies and yuzu zest, tea-smoked lamb with spicy Korean miso, Wagyu beef sliders, pumpkin tempura or tuna sashimi ‘pizza’ with truffle ponzu, red onions and green chillis. To drink, there are plenty of saké-based cocktails, alongside Kirin Frozen Head beer and assorted New World wines.

Click here to read our diners’ reviews, or write your own

Got a blog?

Add your blog review of Kurobuta Chelsea to Square Meal

Win fab prizes • Attract traffic to your blog • Add prestige to your blog Find out how

1. Published : Wednesday, 2nd April 2014

KOJO London :: Kurobuta : Cool Chelsea Pop-Up

My first experience at a pop-up; I felt I had definitely earned some foodie points! Apart from my micro-accomplishment, I fell in love with the idea of dining here when I saw some brilliant photos taken by the Londoner. Those pork buns looked glorious and I had to try them! I headed to Kings Road (where I rarely visit) with Ms Tee. I have nothing against Chelsea, it's just that the place is not exactly littered with amazing restaurants which I find quite ironic given its supposed to be a posh area. I finally arrived at the place which took me ages to find due to its extremely inconspicuous presence; there wasn't even a logo giving a clue as to where they were. I must admit, it made me feel quite cool in a weird way like I was dining at some exclusive foodie joint...
    More from KOJO London »

Private Dining at Kurobuta Chelsea

Capacities

Private RoomCapacity
Restaurant take over38

Square Meal Concierge

Want expert advice on the best private rooms and their availability? Use Square Meal Concierge, and earn extra Square Meal Rewards points with every booking.

Click here to email your enquiry or call us on 0207 840 5222.

Contact Square Meal’s Private Rooms Concierge Team

Square Meal’s Private Rooms Concierge team can help you find the perfect venue for private dining. Just complete this form, and we will be in touch.

Please include as much information as possible.

* Required field

please be as specific as possible: City / West End / Mayfair / Chelsea etc

Please do not change this field Please do not change this field Please do not change this field

Scott Hallsworth

Kurobuta Chelsea’s Chef -

Location of Kurobuta Chelsea

? To book a table, call
or book online and earn 100 points

• Main Restaurant

Diners at Kurobuta Chelsea also recommend...