28 July 2014

Be the first to rate this restaurant Write Your Review
  • Wine: £14.50
  • Champagne: £22.00
  • Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 11am-11pm Sun 12N-11.30pm

Square Meal Review of The Richard I ?

French-born Richard the Lionheart may have had trouble speaking the local lingo, but the accent at this pretty pub that bears his name is distinctly English – right down to its spruced-up traditional decor. To drink, expect well-kept Young’s and Wells beers, plus a regularly rotated guest ale, Euro-lagers and a modest selection of bargain-priced wines. Located away from the main tourist drag, with a garden for warmer Greenwich days, this friendly local is also worth hunting down for its express lunch menu, Sunday roasts with all the trimmings, deep-fill sandwiches, platters and classic evening fillers – casseroles, hotpots, veggie salads, fish and chips, steak and full-fat puds. Once most English pubs felt like this: but as the reign of Elizabeth II enters its seventh decade, the Richard I represents a halcyon boozy past that is increasingly under threat.

Click here to read our diners’ reviews, or write your own

Got a blog?

Add your blog review of The Richard I to Square Meal

Win fab prizes • Attract traffic to your blog • Add prestige to your blog Find out how

Location of The Richard I

Diners at The Richard I also recommend...

Please do not change this field Please do not change this field Please do not change this field