26 July 2014

Be the first to rate this restaurant Write Your Review
  • Wine: £13.50
  • Champagne: £35.00
  • Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 8am-11pm

Square Meal Review of Sapori Sardi ?

Loosely translated as ‘Sardinian flavours’, this cosy family-run newcomer on Fulham Road nails its regional colours to the mast with a menu that highlights the island’s rustic specialities and native produce. Come here for bowls of spaghetti laced with bottarga (dried mullet roe), malloreddus ‘gnocchi’ with sausage ragù and pecorino or monkfish wrapped in Sardinian air-dried ham (served with sautéed courgettes, chilli and mint). The kitchen also knocks out its share of trattoria staples, from grilled calamari with tangy salmoriglio dressing to seafood risotto and calf’s liver with butter and sage – as well as keeping the lunch crowd happy with fresh paninis and other light options. Alternatively, drop by for a shot of espresso and some fresh pastries for breakfast. Drinks include an interesting choice of Italian regional wines.

Click here to read our diners’ reviews, or write your own

Got a blog?

Add your blog review of Sapori Sardi to Square Meal

Win fab prizes • Attract traffic to your blog • Add prestige to your blog Find out how

1. For ages I have been reading about this Sardinian restaurant that opened up a couple of years ago on the Fulham road and how absolutely amazing it is. It is always raved about in the local magazines but as I am such a Gola devotee I never went. However over Easter, Gola closed for a few days so Pascal and I decided to give Sapori Sardi a go.It is tucked away at the very end of the Fulham road and very unassuming. The husband and wife run restaurant is small and simple but very welcoming and we were greeted like old friends. Obviously I had checked out the menu online several times but was unsure what to order as it all sounded very appealing.Like always we had a couple of drinks to start and then ordered a lovely bottle of red.We decided to share starters and so I ordered the burrata which was served with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, red onions and dusted with bottariga (grated air dried fish eggs/roe). I was a bit dubious about the bottariga as was Pascal as he baulks at any mention of fish but we needn't have worried as it was an incredible starter. The burrata was super creamy and soft and went beautifully with the salad.Pascal ordered the anti pasti board which was a mixed selection of Sardinian meats and wow, it really was a good selection - saucisson, ham, bresaola, salami - all so similar but then all tasting so different. We really enjoyed it.For mains, I was torn between risotto and pasta but pasta won in the end and I chose taglierini with porcini mushrooms wrapped in speck drizzled with white truffle oil and shavings of black truffle. This was really heavenly, perfectly cooked pasta, chunky mushrooms, delicious ham all flavoured by my favourite truffles.Pascal ordered one of their nightly specials which was beef ragu with pappardelle and once again this was absolutely delicious. However he would have liked another one as the portion wasn't the biggest!I was very happy that the restaurant passed my Parmesan test and left me a bowl on the table! We decided against puddings and instead rounded the meal off with a grappa and frangelico.I have to say I was really really impressed by Sapori Sardi - it is a real success. Everything about this place was brilliant, the food, the drinks, the service and the atmosphere. I will be back here very soon, however my only problem is, I enjoyed my meal so much it is going to be tough to try anything else as they have set the standard so high! Sapori Sardi786 Fulham RoadLondonSW6 5SLTel: 020 7731 0755Email: [email protected]
    More from THIS LITTLE PIGGY LOVES FOOD! »

Private Dining at Sapori Sardi

S

Capacities

Private RoomCapacity
Room for 15 15

Square Meal Concierge

Want expert advice on the best private rooms and their availability? Use Square Meal Concierge, and earn extra Square Meal Rewards points with every booking.

Click here to email your enquiry or call us on 0207 840 5222.

Contact Square Meal’s Private Rooms Concierge Team

Square Meal’s Private Rooms Concierge team can help you find the perfect venue for private dining. Just complete this form, and we will be in touch.

Please include as much information as possible.

* Required field

please be as specific as possible: City / West End / Mayfair / Chelsea etc

Please do not change this field Please do not change this field Please do not change this field

Location of Sapori Sardi

? To book a table, call
or book online and earn 100 points

• Main Restaurant

Diners at Sapori Sardi also recommend...