24 July 2014
(menu)

The Brown Cow

£44.00 Gastropub Fulham

Overall Diner Rating

Based on 8 ratings. Rate it!

• Wine: £16.00
  • Champagne: £45.00
  • Lunch: £12.50 (2 courses)
  • Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 12N-3pm 6-10.30pm Sat-Sun 12N-4pm (Sun -6pm)

Square Meal Review of The Brown Cow ?

The brains behind this Fulham site, who also own the Sands End nearby, have reverted to what they know best and re-launched Manson as a gastropub. The move is paying dividends, and the place has already taken on its sibling’s distinctive ‘country pub in the city’ vibe. It’s now perfectly acceptable to hover by the bar and sup a pint or two of Greene King IPA, while the refectory tables are abuzz with locals. Food also takes its cue from the Sands End, and the roll call of refined pub grub ranges from pig’s cheeks with lentils at the bar to Jerusalem artichoke velouté, duck breast with braised baby gem or 35-day dry-aged côte de boeuf for the sit-downs. Desserts might feature cherry clafoutis, while the carefully managed wine list offers plenty in the £20-30 bracket.

Click here to read our diners’ reviews, or write your own

1. The Brown Cow

Crazy Daisy

Thank goodness I have a new "local" that also doubles up as a fantastic restaurant

2. The Brown Cow

Fast Eddie
        (1)
    1 of 1 people found this review helpful.

3. The Brown Cow

Adamj A.

Adam A.

• Food & Drink: 8
    • Value: 8

4. The Brown Cow

PLD

Such a wonderful local pub

• Value: 8

Kathleen K

• Atmosphere: 9

Got a blog?

Add your blog review of The Brown Cow to Square Meal

Win fab prizes • Attract traffic to your blog • Add prestige to your blog Find out how

1. Published : Monday, 10th February 2014

THIS LITTLE PIGGY LOVES FOOD! :: THE BROWN COW, FULHAM

As yoga takes up all my mornings I rarely have time to "do lunch" nowadays with my mummy friends. However body wise, it is probably for the best as I have enough trouble keeping my weight in check with my constant weekend indulgence (I outdid myself yesterday and Saturday)!Although I did meet my friend Jamie for lunch at our local pub before school pick up recently and I have to say it was most enjoyable and I habit I could easily take up!The Brown Cow is the sister pub to The Sand's End and it offers brunch, lunch, supper and incredible bar snacks as well as real ales, wines and drinks. Pascal could never understand why English people loved the pub so much however having frequented here regularly, he now understands! We often pop in on a Sunday for a bottle of wine and a scotch egg and sausage roll - Heaven! It is the perfect local, the staff are really easy going and friendly which contributes to a fantastic, relaxed atmosphere.Jamie and I were torn when trying to decide what to eat so we decided to tuck into a scotch egg while we chose.Totally delicious - I highly recommend it! They do other great bar snacks like chilli salt squid, honey and mustard chipolatas, radishes with salt, haddock beignets, chicken kiev….I could literally just have the snacks!However we did order off the main menu - I decided to be adventurous and for once didn't have a burger! Shock horror!! Jamie did have the burger and to quote her "I really liked it and I am super hard to please with burgers and I am American"! I would take that as a huge compliment and so next time I will definitely be having the burger!!It did look good - and was with cheese, pickles, salad and you could also have bacon (I am sure I would)!I went for sausage and mash with onion gravy and a few very thin onion rings.Even though I had huge food envy, I did really enjoy mine - great sausages, a proper onion gravy filled with onions and soft, creamy mash - all the ingredients tasted top quality. Amazing! Other choice on the menu included fish and chips, a pie, steak and chips.We didn't have time for pudding but we have decided to make this lunch a regular thing and maybe dedicate it to finding the best burger in SW6!Although I would be very happy to just regularly come here - great food, a fantastic atmosphere and I cannot sign off without complimenting the brilliantly helpful friendly staff. I feel very lucky to have such an excellent local pub but even if you are not from the area, it is definitely worth the effort!The Brown Cow676 Fulham RoadLondonSW6 5SATel: 020 7384 9559Email: [email protected]