The SquareMeal Tasting 2018
For one night only, on Wednesday 7 November, the annual SquareMeal Tasting is back and it’s set to be an incredible evening.
Held in the Prince Consort Rooms at The Honourable Artillery Company, EC1Y, the event features food from some of the capital’s most talked-about restaurants, together with a terrific range of hand-picked wines, premium spirits, cocktails and beers – and in the company of top chefs, sommeliers and drinks experts – it’s a chance to expand your wine, drinks and culinary horizons and get inspiration for the festive season, too.
And if the promise of all that food and wine isn’t enough, there’s an array of great raffle prizes to be won (see below).
Some of London’s hottest restaurants
You’ll have the chance to sample a range of signature tasters and canapés from around a dozen of the capital’s most exciting restaurants, including… - Bluebird Café – Brigadiers – Cinnamon Club – Cocochan – Iberica - Londrino – Matsya – Neptune - Noura – Paladar and Yauatcha
Try, for example:
- Yauatcha’s signature venison puff, crispy duck salad or brand new Thai-style chicken bun
- Spicy delights from Indian favourites Cinnamon Club and Brigadiers
- Nduja-crusted yellowfin tuna, and chocolate and raspberry pavlova from Bluebird Café
- Neptune’s crab rolls or corn chowder with smoked haddock and quail eggs
- Raw beef on brioche or cured aubergine tart from Londrino
- Cocochan’s salmon tartare, tuna on a crispy gyoza shell or duck salad
- Tuna tostadas or candied fig and Colombian soft cheese on quinoa from Paladar
- Jamón Ibérica carving alongside other tasty offerings from Ibérica
…it’s sure to be a truly delicious evening!
Hundreds of wines, spirits and other drinks
Wine-wise, we’ve got a wonderful range of not only styles to choose from, but best of breed producers within each style – from established classics like Champagne, Rioja and Brunello di Montalcino to hot new styles like Argentine Pinot Noir, Margaret River Chardonnay or West Sussex Blanc de Blanc that mixes freshness with buttered toast richness.
There’ll be whites that are zesty and refreshing, like Albarino or New Zealand Riesling, as well as richer Chardonnay from the Old and New Worlds alike. If complex reds are more your thing, why not try top class Tuscan alongside Bordeaux or Barolo. There’ll be first class Aussie Shiraz as well as Washington State Syrah. Or see how English fizz measures up alongside top sparkling wines from Italy, South Africa or even Champagne. You’ll find plenty of luxurious, top-flight wines as well as fun, affordable wines.
The Berry Brothers Bar will supply a mix of delights from classic cocktails to classy wine. There will also be an enticing line-up of premium gin to compare as well as lovely sipping spirits, top-class Port and beautiful sweet wine.
Win a luxury stay at the Park Hyatts in Mallorca and Abu Dhabi
On the night, there will be the chance to win a three-night stay for two (including a spa treatment) at the Park Hyatt Mallorca, and a luxurious stay for two at the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi, in a room with a sea view, courtesy of our sponsor Eden Luxury Travel. Other fantastic prizes will include bottles of wine and premium spirits, as well as restaurant meals for two.
To enter, simply hand in your business card at the Eden Luxury Travel stand and you’ll be entered into the prize draw*.
• Prize vouchers are subject to their validity dates and cannot be extended
• Prize vouchers are subject to availability and blackout dates
• Booking needs to be made in advance and via the channel stated on the voucher
• The vouchers cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash
The SquareMeal Tasting 2018 is sponsored by Eden Luxury Travel.
SquareMeal Tasting 2018
When: Wednesday 7 November, 6-9.30pm
Where: The Honourable Artillery Company (Prince Consort Rooms), City Road, EC1Y 2BQ
Why: A great night out with friends, colleagues or clients
How much: £52 (including a £3.50 booking fee)
Telephone: 020 7582 0222
How: Tickets are priced at £52 per person and are expected to sell out quickly. You will not be able to purchase tickets at the door. Purchase your ticket(s) here. Discounted tickets at £47 each are available for groups of eight or more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Official travel partners: