The Victoria Park

British, Gastropub, Pubs·

SquareMeal Review of The Victoria Park

The Victoria Park has proved co-owner Ed Brown-Jackson’s theory that a neighbourhood pub needs to be many things to many people. Pitched round the corner from the park of the same name, this revitalised boozer now offers everything from book clubs, quizzes, sewing events and kids’ rhyme-time to a decent choice of ales and a sound gastropub menu packed with global ideas. Roasts are the main event at the weekends, but the line-up also runs from pork and black pudding Scotch eggs with spiced pear and date chutney to jerk chicken or pan-fried lamb cutlets with a white bean and chorizo stew. Children are welcome and if the kids’ menu doesn’t appeal, the pizza oven in the garden should please the whole family – as will the grand view of south Bristol while you slurp and graze.

British, Gastropub, Pubs
Food Hygiene Rating

Location for The Victoria Park

66 Raymend Road, Bristol, Bristol, Bristol, BS3 4QW

Mon-Thurs 11am-11pm Sat 11am-11.30pm Sun 11am-10.30pm

Reviews of The Victoria Park

Poor welcome
25 October 2020

I've live a short distance from this pub for 35 years and recently have been very disappointed by the attitude of the staff. I went here on a Sunday afternoon and despite the pub being sparsely occupied was told my wife and I could not come, in as. We hadn't booked. Both my wife, and I are employed in the legal services and were surprised that a landlord/owner can be so offish towards their customers when businesses are struggling to maintain revenue.

this wasn't the first time the owner/landlord had been so aloof. Maybe he's struggling with the changing times as are we all. My wife and I have a large friendship group and we have now chosen to go elsewhere. Such a shame after 35 years.

Call The Victoria Park to make a booking on:

Other restaurants near The Victoria Park

You are requesting to book The Victoria Park for people on at .