Rossopomodoro Wandsworth

Pizza·
London, SW18 4TF·Website·Call07931 920377
Rossopomodoro Wandsworth restaurant is closed permanently. Here are some other restaurants near Rossopomodoro Wandsworth you might like to try.

SquareMeal Review of Rossopomodoro Wandsworth

With seven branches across London, plus sites in Kingston and Birmingham, Rossopomodoro is making a name for itself as a dependable modern Italian chain. A large, varied menu encompasses quirky street-food snacks as well as the usual roll call of antipasti, pasta and pizza. Portions are generous; a mixed bruschetta platter for £8.95 could easily feed four, with toppings such as ricotta and spicy ’nduja. Neapolitan-style pizzas from the wood-fired oven are the stars, featuring properly crispy bases and a wide selection of toppings. Never good at picking just one, we tried a trio on the Indecisa: salami and smoked mozzarella, margherita with bright Datterini tomatoes, and Italian sausage with friarielli (rapini). Mains also include gnocchi, pappardelle Bolognese and squid-ink linguine with prawns and chilli. Authentic ingredients, such as creamy buffalo mozzarella served by the half-kilo, are well sourced; only our gelato was a let-down. To drink, choose from Aperol spritzes, Birra Moretti and an all-Italian wine list.

Pizza
Late night dining
Food Hygiene Rating

Location for Rossopomodoro Wandsworth

46 Garratt Lane, London, SW18 4TF

07931 920377

Mon-Sun 12N-11pm (Fri-Sat -11.30pm Sun -10pm)

Reviews of Rossopomodoro Wandsworth

Katie O

Amazing pizza, terrible pasta
01 September 2013
I have tried this place a couple of times as it looks so warm and inviting inside. The staff are attentive and as soon as you take your seat, in what feels like a Sicilian Mamas kitchen, you feel positive and hopeful for your up coming meal. The first time I went me and my boyfriend both ordered pasta and I'm sorry to say it was probably one of the worst pastas we've both ever had. I like al dente and appreciate this style of cooking pasta but I don't think raw pasta has become a tradition of recent years. The sauce wasn't brilliant either. I gave it a try again today, mainly because I wanted a quick bite for lunch and it does look so inviting. My boyfriends pizza was amazing, cooked in a traditional woodfired oven, they could possibly claim the best chain pizzas going. I was left with food envy and fury for choosing pasta yet again as the Vongole came out raw. I sent it back only for it to come back a little more edible but not brilliant with a less than tasty sauce. I did appreciate that the manager came to talk to me but wasn't impressed that I was patronized with the “this is how Italians cook pasta” line. As someone who eats out two to three times a week I know how Italians cook pasta, to imply all of them do pasta that way is slander. I will never again attempt the pasta but would return when I have a hankering for Wandsworths finest pizza.

Other restaurants near Rossopomodoro Wandsworth

You are requesting to book Rossopomodoro Wandsworth for people on at .