Iddu

Italian

Call Iddu to make a booking on:

About Iddu

There are thousands of Italian restaurants in the capital, but very few genuinely Sicilian places until Iddu arrived. Sicilian cuisine is a hotchpotch of all things Mediterranean, with a few spices from old trade routes mixed in – powerful sun, temperaments and flavours all add to the pot, and the result when it’s well done, is superb. Choose from baked ricotta salad with balsamic; swordfish, marinated shrimp on cannellini beans and kamut linguine with organic Sicilian tomato sauce, as well as a selection of grilled panini and aubergine parmigiana to take away. To drink? Rich hot Sicilian wines and proper Sicilian coffee, made from beans imported direct from Messina.

Good to know about Iddu

Italian

Location for Iddu

44 Harrington Road, London, SW7 3ND

Opening Times of Iddu

Mon-Sun 7.30am-10pm

Reviews of Iddu

30 November 2015

I booked a Saturday evening meal at Iddu after searching for Italian Restaurant in South Kensington. I was attracted to its authentic Sicilian description. And that is exactly how it was, wonderful fish, salads, wine and attentive staff who described dishes that we did not know and explained whether they had any milk in or not. Staff also explained the specials and the pasta choices with genuine knowledge and interest that we enjoy a great meal which we did. The food is fairly priced. The quality alcohol like many restaurants in central London easily ends ups as much as the food bill so we will probably have a drink nearby before next visit.

16 May 2015

It sounds silly but I decided to dine at Iddu for possibly the wrong reasons. It's near the V&A, which was my main motive, but I also liked that they have cannoli on the dessert menu - having not had one in years, I thought I might as well indulge a little. I was so surprised at how lovely this place is and reasonably priced too. The restaurant is not terribly big so it feels like you are in the chef's beautifully decorated kitchen. And it is very relaxed like that too. My friend and I were struggling to decide what to get so we glanced over at the table next to us to have a peak at their salads and it all looked fantastic. Nods of approval said everything tasted as good as it looked. The menu is mostly vegetarian but as a non-veg I didn't feel like I was being forced to be green for the night. My friend and I both had the pasta special which was tagliatelle with a tomato and pesto sauce. It was perfect - a light but flavourful sauce with added texture from the nuts. Portion size was good too - filling but not overwhelming so that we could both enjoy cannoli for dessert. And the cannoli are amazing. The perfect mix of sweet cream filling in a biscuit. They are served with crushed pistachios, almonds and chocolate chips to sprinkle over top and they are just heaven. I can't possibly do it justice in words - must be experienced. My overall impression is that there has been a lot of thought put into every aspect of Iddu. From the decor to the wine list and even the coffee selection. It is all so beautifully orchestrated but feels so relaxed and genuine - nothing pretentious here. My friend and I can't wait to go back and no need to go to the V&A first.

Other restaurants near Iddu

You are requesting to book Iddu for people on at