Hugo's Lonsdale Road

International

Call Hugo's Lonsdale Road to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Hugo's Lonsdale Road

A useful oasis in Kilburn, Hugo’s is a good choice for refuelling or relaxing at any time of day and just what every neighbourhood needs. Drop in for eggs benedict or a sausage sandwich at breakfast, or relax at lunchtime when the menu ups its game to a bowl of soup or a simple risotto. In the evening, when the twinkly lights are on, the kitchen stretches its wings a bit further, but still offers wholesome comfort – tiger prawns seared in olive oil and garlic and warm quinoa salad with pomegranate precedes burgers in homemade buns, smoked haddock with spinach and hollandaise, or lamb shanks with rosemary mash. A good-looking place – all reclaimed furniture and sanded floors – it’s dependably welcoming and friendly.

Good to know about Hugo's Lonsdale Road

International
Breakfast
Child friendly, Group dining [8+]

Location for Hugo's Lonsdale Road

25 Lonsdale Road, London, NW6 6RA

Opening Times of Hugo's Lonsdale Road

Tues-Sun 9am-11pm (Tues-Wed -10.30pm, Sun -5pm)

Reviews of Hugo's Lonsdale Road

Review of Hugo's Queens Park, Saturday 27th April 2019
01 May 2019

I should state at the outset - I rarely write reviews of anything.  I am only prompted to do so if the place in question is exceptionally good or exceptionally bad.  Unfortunately, in the case of Hugo's, it was the latter and I therefore have a responsibility to inform other potential diners of our poor experience.  I should also state that I am familiar with the consequences of a negative review and its detrimental effects.  It is not my intention to destroy or negatively affect a business with my review, but I have considered the matter carefully and feel that it is appropriate to convey my thoughts.  We went to Hugo's for a friend's birthday party.  On Lonsdale road, the setting is good.  Both myself and my partner are vegans and unfortunately both the vegan and vegetarian options were limited on the menu.  We asked the waiter/manager if a dish could be modified accordingly and he did, in fairness, agree to modify a butternut squash dish.  What we got though was a dry baked half butternut squash with an odd tasting side sauce and some half-cooked vegetables.  He decided to charge us near £17 each for this dish.  Hugo's appears to be a meat heavy restaurant and we appreciate that he tried to concoct something.  However, the dish was unimaginative and bland, and it did not justify the extortionate price tag.  To try to salvage the meal, we ordered a side of chips and this took almost 30 minutes to arrive despite constant reminders to the staff.  However, the worst aspect of the whole experience was the service, especially that given by the older gentleman wearing glasses.  He was blunt, occasionally rude and did not attempt to convey any warmth in the service he provided.  We suspect there may have been a hidden agenda because we are vegans, perhaps as a way of punishing us for our dietary choices and requests.  We will never know if this is true or not and he may well deny it.  However, the fact we were made to feel this way is a reflection of their poor service.  There were also complaints from some of the meat eaters in the group that their burgers were undercooked, much to the vehement protests of the gentleman in charge with glasses.  As Queen Park residents, we won't be going back there, but I do hope for the sake of their other customers, they try to get better.

Other restaurants near Hugo's Lonsdale Road

You are requesting to book Hugo's Lonsdale Road for people on at .