SquareMeal Review of Gola

Local families are flocking to this eccentric, cramped & cosy Italian en masse, largely because of its beguiling, child-friendly attributes: kids can build their own pizzas at lunchtime, the bar is adorned with sweets & Italian soft drinks, & staff are full of typically charming gusto. But it’s not all about the young ones – the pan-Italian menu has plenty to offer grown-ups who might fancy starting off with tuna carpaccio, spinach & red peppers before moving on to a bowl of homemade ravioli with artichokes & fresh mint or something from the aforementioned line-up of tempting pizzas – along with a worthwhile Italian tipple from the workmanlike wine list. For afters, try nougat semifreddo topped with crushed praline hazelnuts followed by a well-made espresso.

Good to know about Gola

Italian

Location for Gola

787 Fulham Road, SW6 5HD

Opening Times of Gola

Tues-Fri 12N-2.30pm Mon-Fri 6.30-11pm Sat-Sun 12N-10.30pm (Sun -9.30pm)

Reviews of Gola

Mr. paolo N

18 May 2012
Go Gola, amazing!! A genuinely delightful evening, incredibly friendly staff, delicious food and a very warm atmosphere. Although hard to get a table, expect high prices, but excellent value. Food was indescribable and the ingredients obviously high quality. Highly recommended.

Ms/Mrs. Anna S

28 April 2012
We have been going to Gola for over a year and the food was always good, service slow and waiting for the meal slow, but I always believe in supporting local business and the atmosphere was great. We went for my other half's birthday, what a mistake, I thought we would be well looked after, we ordered starters and waited and waited and waited, we asked the waitress where they were, ‘they are coming’, she shouts totally disinterested, we finally had to call the owner over and ask where they were, and were told he didn't realise we had wanted to order starters (after placing the orders with him)!!! The garlic bread finally turns up, dry as anything and burnt, nice the chef cares, we send back… more waiting! We finally order our main courses and for me I order the lovely pasta with various fish, lobster, monk fish, calamari and another type of fish, the owner tells me he'll also put some seabass on and I ask him for lots of extra fish which I will gladly pay extra for… the dish turns up OMG, Watery tomato sauce, the only fish being tiny, minuscule, frozen, cheap prawns, which were disgusting, the dish tasted beyond awful, I called the owner over and asked him what on earth happened to my dish and why was I being given a dish completely different from advertised on the menu and what I requested, where was the lovely seafood as advertised on the menu? I just got an arrogant offhand remark, saying the time I ate it before he very kindly added some extra fish to it, unreal, the arrogant remark and unapologetic behaviour, no apologies at all and we were ignored and treated badly by the staff for the rest of the night, we have never been made to feel so uncomfotable anywhere and for this we paid £160.00 (refused to pay for fish pasta dish though). Other friends have been there and said orders get forgotten, the food is not good, service dire. I would never go back after my last experience there, the owner does not have a clue how to treat customers. 0/10.

Other restaurants near Gola

You are requesting to book Gola for people on at