Call Côte Barbican to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Côte Barbican

There are Francophiles behind this nationwide French brasserie group – that much is obvious. Every last detail, from the rattan terrace furniture and patterned tile floors to the bentwood chairs and mirrored walls, has been borrowed from across the Channel. But Côte isn’t backward-looking; it’s a modern interpretation of a classic concept that’s designed to suit the British market. It also ticks off all the classics when it comes to food and wine: you can always find steak-frites, moules marinière and crème caramel here, as well as the bottles of Chinon, Picpoul and even Orangina you might want to quaff with them. ‘Plat rapides’ such as hachis parmentier or poulet grillée, plus fortnightly changing specials including duck confit are useful additions to the carte, as is the ‘formule’ breakfast of full English, juice and coffee. A solid high-street presence.

Good to know about Côte Barbican

French
Buzzy

Location for Côte Barbican

57 Whitecross Street, London, EC1Y 8AA

Opening Times of Côte Barbican

Mon-Fri 8am-11pm Sat-Sun 9am-11pm (Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of Côte Barbican

Fantastic service and close to the Barbican Centre
22 March 2017
After seeing an exhibition at the Barbican with a friend and we wanted to catch up over dinner and a glass of wine. I'd been to the Jugged Hare on the corner of Silk street before and it is very good but it was packed and we wanted somewhere a bit more quiet so we could chat. Cote is opposite the Barbican and part of their cinema complex. The decor is the same as any other Cote I've been in, black and white tiles compliment the wood tables and walls. The lamps were low lit, which created a cosy atmosphere on a cold windy March evening. The service was excellent and we were served tap water immediately whilst we chose our wine. My tuna was cooked how I like it, rare in the middle but had a bit too much charcoal taste on the outside for me. The boiled eggs were soft in the centre but there was slightly too much dressing as the lettuce leaves went a bit soggy. The salty fries to the side worked well with the salad. My friend had butterflied chicken with frites and garlic sauce and said it was well cooked and seasoned.. The service is what stands out in this branch of Cote. We were left alone to chat but there was someone close by when we wanted another drink or to pay the bill. The staff were efficient and friendly. If you are eating early, before 8pm I would recommend booking as it gets busy before the cinema and theatres start but after that it was fairly empty. I also spotted a private room to seat around 12 which would be good for a larger group of diners or a business lunch or dinner.

Other restaurants near Côte Barbican

You are requesting to book Côte Barbican for people on at .