Coq d'Argent (bar)

Call Coq d'Argent (bar) to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Coq d'Argent (bar)

Manicured lawns, topiary, wisteria-clad cloisters and an alfresco bar make this memorable rooftop garden a shoo-in for summer drinking. Covered and heated against autumn’s chills – with a further bar indoors – D&D London's fine-plumed silver Coq has plenty to crow about whatever the weather. Cool down with first-rate fizzes, rum iced tea, a dozen different G&Ts, Italian spritzes, virgin Coladas and classy wines from under £25 a bottle; alternatively, dip into a line-up of vodka sours involving lavender, pisco and plum, apricot and Earl Grey, or sip a variant made with bourbon and saffron. By contrast, winter warmers include first-class flights of three whiskies (from £17.50) from a creditable collection of malts – all served in the après-ski chalet setting of the seasonal Lodge d’Argent. Snacks cover everything from oysters and escargots to grilled vegetable brochettes, prawn tempura, garlic-baked Camembert, hot wings and charcuterie boards.

Bars
Fun, Glamorous, Lively
Great views, Rooftop
Dates

Coq d'Argent (bar) is featured in

Cool London bars SquareMeal Silver Awards London's best rooftop bars Best bars in the City Best Outside and Alfresco Bars in London StreetSmart Restaurants

This venue also offers

Christmas at Coq d'Argent
Christmas Parties
Coq d'Argent
Restaurant

Location for Coq d'Argent (bar)

1 Poultry, City of London, London, EC2R 8EJ

Mon-Sat 11.30am-10.30pm

Reviews of Coq d'Argent (bar)

Simon R

The Coq d'Argent Experience
17 September 2014
I met a friend for lunch at Coq d'Argent one sunny day in September 2014. The signs at street level could be clearer, but after finding my way to the exclusive lift I was greeted by the staff and shown to my table in the rooftop garden, under a quiet shady tree. It seems difficult to believe that Coq d'Argent is located in central London. The staff were very courteous and discrete as I would expect. The menu is well thought out and the food is prepared to a very high standard. My friend and I both thoroughly enjoyed lunch and it is surprising how time drifts by in such pleasant surrounding.

Ms/Mrs. Barbara O

13 July 2010
I met a friend here for a drink recently. Though I was greatly looking forward to going there the whole experience was spoilt by the staff who were rude, unfriendly and unhelpful. I had to wait about ten minutes to get a table and not one member of staff approached me in the meantime- even to extend a welcome which I believe is a must in any establishment. Over the course of the evening we had to ask for service every time we needed anything despite there being more than enough waitors on duty to notice empty glasses. We were seated on the roof terrace which is a beautifully calm space inthe middle of teh city. However the staff started to noisely push chairs in under the tables, shut the umbrellas and blow out the table candles around us at about 10pm which was more than a subtle hint that they wanted to go home. We would not have minded moving indoors if it was a case of them wanting to close the area but they did not have the courtesy to ask. It's a shame that what is actually a lovely bar was so spoilt by the staff.

Other restaurants near Coq d'Argent (bar)

You are requesting to book Coq d'Argent (bar) for people on at .