Bar Salsa Temple

SquareMeal Review of Bar Salsa Temple

A turbocharged take on the Charing Cross Road original, this offshoot of Bar Salsa replaces the same owners’ vast Walkabout site on Victoria Embankment. Garish graphics, fake palms, straw sombreros and funky fiesta grooves create a riot of Rio Carnival kitsch, so bag a booth overlooking the action or hole up in the quieter gallery bar and separate cantina off the frenetic main hall. Fruity Caipirinhas, Mojitos and disco drinks appear on an affordable list of rummy rinses, punches, pitchers and tropi-cool cocktails such as house signature São Paulo Rude Boy – a garish cachaça, banana liqueur and blue Curacao sling. Otherwise, order Latino beers and easy-drinking Spanish/South American wines with tapas (nachos, gambas pil-pil, chicken taquitos) or trade up to Tex-Mex burgers, pork hock feijoada, quesadillas, steaks and salads served in tortilla baskets. Shake off that lot Ricky Martin-style on a dance floor that throbs until ‘las wee small horas’!

Bars

Location for Bar Salsa Temple

Temple Place, London, WC2R 2PH

Mon-Sat 10am-2am (Mon -1am Fri-Sat -3pm) Sun 12N-2am

Reviews of Bar Salsa Temple

Ms/Mrs. Mascot M

If I could rate this venue less than 1 Star, I would.
30 August 2019

The most terrible place I've ever visited in London.

Let me tell you bit more details:
After entering the venue at 7 pm before the paid entry, having a dinner and some classes and spending around £100 in total in more than 3 hours, two of my friends were leaving and I was going to stay for some social dancing.
I wanted to walk my friends to the tube station and immediately come back (the tube station is literally 3 minutes away from the bar).
I was refused to leave and enter back for free, despite already being inside the venue for more than 3 hours.
I was also refused to get a stamp or any other indication of the fact that I had already been in.
When we asked to refer us to some policy ‘for conditions to enter' - the guard wasn’t able to comment and expressed quite aggressive behavior.
In addition I'm taking to your attention that the venue failed to provide us all receipts for food and drinks and for dancing classes.
Receipts have been requested on the day of our attendance but none have been provided by the venue staff. This venue did not provide any receipts or conformation of sale: neither for food and drink nor for paid classes and entrance fee.

Next day we submitted the complaint via SALSA TEMPLE internet website for all above. They refused to provide us T&C for their conditions to enter policy and its legal grounds.
Additionally, I received threat of an exclusion from both venues in the future for posting negative feedback in the social media.

If I could rate this venue less than 1 Star, I would.

Ms/Mrs. Jill C

Fun place for an evening out with friends or colleagues
12 October 2017
I tried this on a Thursday evening as they have individual and group lessons available from Latin Krazy on Thursdays. Also happy hour from 5-8pm! We had drinks and food before the beginners' lesson began at 7.30pm, and the food was good, although it did take a long time to arrive. There is quite a selection of Mexican and Spanish food, tacos, nachos, tapas and even burgers! Something for everyone but the gourmet... A fun evening out in a great place.

Other restaurants near Bar Salsa Temple

You are requesting to book Bar Salsa Temple for people on at .