Summer-festival season is upon us once again, and we all know how erratic the food in your average muddy festival field can be.
Taste of London – the ultimate gourmet food festival – is the exception, of course. This year, the event
organisers have got together with Square Meal to create a virtual ‘mystic marquee’ on Facebook, where readers
can describe their perfect festival dining experience.
Perhaps you dream of tucking into Pitt Cue Co ribs with Jay-Z and Beyoncé next time they perform at Glastonbury, or you'd like Sophie Dahl to cook you a five-course feast as her hubby Jamie Cullum
belts out jazz hits? Or maybe you'd prefer to take The Ritz's afternoon tea with Stephen Fry at the Hay Festival?
Whatever tickles your fancy, simply post your fantasy festival dining experience as a comment on Square Meal's wall and ask your friends to
‘like’ your suggestion. The person with the most likes/comments will win a meal for two at their favourite Taste restaurant (such as Jason Atherton's Pollen Street Social, pictured); 10 runners up will win a pair of standard tickets to Taste of London 2012.
Terms and conditions:
1. Free tickets to Taste of London will be standard tickets for Thursday 21 or Friday 22 June only.
2. The winner will receive a meal for two at one of the restaurants exhibiting at Taste.
3. Booking will be dependent on the restaurant's availability.
4. The meal will be to the value of £250 and at the discretion of the participating restaurant.
5. The competition will close on 18 June, when votes will be counted.