Find and book great restaurantsFind a Restaurant
|Address:||4 The Polygon, London SW4 0JG|
|Tel:||020 7622 1199|
|Price: £51.00||Wine: £22.00||Champagne: £51.00|
|Opening Hours:||Tues-Sat 12.30-2.30pm (Sat -2pm) Mon-Sat 6.30pm-10pm Sun 12N-3.30pm|
This review hasn't been rated yet.
I love Trinity. I live up the road and it's my special occasion place. I go there 4 to 6 times a year and have done since it opened.
The service is always excellent and the wine list has some real gems – wines you don't see any where else.
And the food can be sublime. And this is the reason I keep going despite the fact it's inconsistent.
I've had a couple of shockers. Just last week four of us went and two of us had the braised beef for main. It arrived, we both took a mouthful and simultaneously turned to each other in shock. It was as dry as cream cracker and completely without flavour. It's a £28 dish and it was awful. I have to say I was astounded that it had ever left the kitchen. The staff did their best to rectify the situation and were generous in their response, but the damage was done, it totally disrupted the enjoyment of our evening.
This is such as shame, as, like I've said, 90% of the time this place is spot on, it's just that the other 10% really clouds my view. I feel like I'm playing the lottery each time I book a table and I get nervous when bringing people here for the first time. So Adam, sort the kitchen out mate, it needs to be consistently brilliant, not occasionally.